Sunday, July 17, 2011

Holiday in Greece -Arriving



This is the first time I went to Greece. I didn't quite know what to expect apart from beautiful scenery, fantastic beach and delicious foods. I think that was probably enough expectation.... I was sooooo excited for weeks in advance, I sometimes even couldn't sleep.

I did lots of shift previously(work...), so by the time our holiday came, I would thought I was pretty knackered. BUT, I wasn't.  We left U.K on 17th June,  Friday morning to Stanstead Air Port. Wow, lots of people there with their bags and suit cases. That made me even more excited we were actually going on plain to Greece.

 As usual, we checked in really early so that we had plenty time to have a look round in duty free shops......especially, "ALL SAINTS" shop(beautiful shop, i just love to look at it). They didn't have sales on, so we decided to wait till next time or go on line.......

 Journey to Thesanoski was pretty pleasant. Service and smile on Rynair wasn't too bad. we had good kip too. When we got to Thesanoski air port, it was just after lunch time, we went to hire our holiday car! It was cute.

 We did the contract in the petrol station near by. It was really hot, I had to change my top. It was boiling! I already felt the sun on my back and shoulder which I loooove, made me big smile.

 Well, poor Marcus, driving through Thesanoski was a bit tricky, there was not a lot sign or some drivers were bit mad on roads, took him a bit to get used to Greek road. By the time we got to our first destination "Affissos", We(especially me) were tired and grumpy.

It was dark when we got to the hotel for the night. They gave us some preserved sugared lemon and orange with nice chilled water on arrival.  We checked in and went out for wonder.

 Next morning, before we set off to Ag Loannis (Mt. Pillion), we went out to have look round in the village.
After our wonder we left for Ag Loannis. Still took us good few hours to get there. Oh, I need to mention breakfast we got in the hotel. They were sweet breakfast. We didn't eat any, only we had were freshly squeezed orange juice, tinned fruits salad and chamomile tea. I wanted to taste some of things in front of us. So, I had a piece of marmalade cake and a couple mouthful of eggy filo paste. They were not bad. Our breakfast was huge!

We got to Ag Loannis in late afternoon. It took us a little bit to find the hotel called " Sofokles Hotel" where we needed to pick up keys to the house we hired. While we were waiting for keys, we had freshly squeezed orange juice, it was delicious!

 Costas( guy who owns the hotel partly and the house) took us and showed us the way to the hideaway. OMG, it was bumpy road. Yes, his brother, Domitri was right, 4WD jeep would be more fun to drive the road there.

 Still, during our stay, we enjoyed our little ride on the bumpy road every time. Our house was very basic and cute! The view was fantastic! There was a big balcony over looking the sea, no neighbours, surrounded by untold numbers of olive trees, cicada, birds singing and peace.........





No comments:

Post a Comment