Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Suffolk Walks--- Sudbury meadow

We had lots of rain while Japan had lots of snow. I saw on the facebook my friends in Japan were posting some pics from weekends full of snow. Wow, I thought, I never experienced so much snow while I was in Japan.

Here in England, we've had so much rain this month, west country was flooded, so as many places. But places like Sudbury meadow was completely submerged in water. I wondered where all cows were. I hoped they were back at their stables and being in dry. Ducks, swans and some birds looked happy swimming through the huge lake. We went have a look on Saturday afternoon  and Sunday morning.

On Saturday, it was completely submerged and huge lakes everywhere. I wondered where this water was going to go, and how long to disappear. Anyhow, it didn't stop people from coming into the meadow.


 Water moving really fast


Beautiful Sunset



 Sunday morning
On saturday, it was completely under the water, benches, trees and all green bits over the trees.
 Happy ducks







very wet footpath!


Cheeky swan

Snow drops in someone's garden

Lots of snow drops in near by garden

 They like to hang out here

 For boat?

pausing for the camera

Lovely footpath

I love walking the meadow, such a beautiful place. We are lucky to have places like this for our walk. Every season, it has a different face, find and hear different wild life. On the Sunday morning, we saw heron was standing still by the river appered to be fishing. Robins were singing. Ducks were flying over our head. 

Last summer, when we came to the meadow, we hand fed some swans. Young people who had picnic were scared of swans, running away from them. Then they saw we were hand feeding (I was talking to them too, what a wiredo!), asked questions: "Are they ok? They can break your arm you know". I get this all the time. Then I always imagine swan's doing elbow separation on me, hit my vegas nerve and stamped on my toe.... and I smile. I'm still here, my arms are fine. People are funny.  


No comments:

Post a Comment