Friday, January 6, 2012

our New Years day walk in Walton-on-the-Naze

It was a bit nippy on the new years day, we went for a walk. I'd never been to Essex coast I guess, and it was grey. It was about 30-40mins drive from Marcus's house(maybe bit longer........) by car, we took our nibbles and flask of tea with us. I love that.

 We parked up the car on the car park, it wasn't free car parking either( on the new years' day!). So we thought we'd better getting a ticket from a machine, and it' ate our £1 coin and didn't regurgitate. Which means, the machine was broken. Thanks to Essex. Apparently, seemed like some people had the same experience. Never mind.

 We started walking towards the beach, and as soon as landed, I saw something, and it was fossilized wood twig! I always wanted to find fossilised wood and that day was my dream came true! Hooray! Later, when we got back, we looked up on the net, they weren't fossilized, they were pylised! Even better! Magic. ☺

 Those pylised tree twigs were heavy and made nice noise. Apparently, geography there was really old, went back to Jurassic period.  Just looking at the beach, looked like rocks but actually they were crays! They were really sticky to walk on too!
This is Naze tower
This is the beach. Very grey and looks cold doesn't it? 

These looked soooo wild, didn't feel like we were on the Essex coast. Amazing colour!
Naze tower looking up from the beach.

These are my findings "pylised wood", and my treasure!☺ When I got to the beach, I was sooo excited to see so many of them, but by the time on our way back to the car, lost its novelty. there were loads of them on the beach!

 Apparently, not only pylised wood, also, shells, fish, shark teeth, and crocodile teeth can be found there. How exciting! There's another Jurassic coast in the area. Hunstanton in Norfolk. I can't wait to go there for fossil hunting in summer! and camping be nice too☺


No comments:

Post a Comment