Friday, February 3, 2012

ELY cathedral and WWT

On Jan 15th, (last month!) me and Marcus went to Ely cathedral and WWT-the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust in Norfolk near Wisbech. (Wisbech is in cambridgeshire, but somehow WWT is in Norfolk.) I really enjoyed the both visit.

 I've been to Ely cathedral before and shopping with Karen.  All of my visits were in different season, I seem to remember somehow it was cold(chilly) every time. Ely is colder than Suffolk???? Ely has some historic buildings and houses. Some good charity shops too. The view from the top of the cathedral is awesome, due to flat landscape there(very flat), you can see miles out.

 It is beautiful and impressive building(they got money!). Quite expensive to get tour ticket to go up to both towers.(the building has two towers).

 After the visit, we headed to the wetland. It was cloudy and cold. by the time we got there, even colder! Need to pay to get in, but well worth it. We saw loads of geese, swans, ducks, and even they got different kinds too. Geese travel 2000miles! Cor, blimey, I didn't know that.

 And they rest there. They get fed too. They usually land on 5pm about sunset time for good night rest. This wetland center looked nice and newly built with a cafe, a shop, and nice toilets. I liked the cafe too, we didn't have anything but all walls were glass and could look the view of the land and birds flying. They flew so low and close too, wow, some geese/swans were massive.

 Every time I see wild life like that, I get overwhelmed. I suppose I never really experienced anything like that before till 3 years ago. When I was in London or in Japan, I never took anything notice apart from drink, drugs, shops, and clubs...

 Anyway, the mail observatory was packed. I don't like when it's packed. Because I'm a titch, I can't really see  if there are some taller people standing in front of me. ☹☹☹ "Oh, I wish I was taller..." this is my wish in those situation. Never gonna happen...But one of my bosses in Tokyo said " Wouldn't it be scary if Norie was taller with same voice and mannerism, in this massive function room filled with hundreds of you!" Ar, nice thoughts, thanks.... But I'm still small!!! 

I took this photo from observatory after some people went back to the warm cafe for cuppa, there was finally (hooray!) room for me! me! me!!! ☺☺☺We  saw those birds got fed.

Ducks were cute♥ They dived into water for food, their bums sticking out of the water. cute♥ Swan looked very chilled compare to ducks. Somehow ducks always look bizzzy... They were really loud. I wondered what they were talking. I wanted to know but perhaps, I never will know... They are such clever thing, how do they know where to fly and where they go? laylines? Following nature Qi... they don't need sat nav, but we do. I wonder when as  human, lost the sense??? I'm pretty sure we were built with it....
 
I can't wait to go there again when it's little warmer so that maybe just maybe , I can get to see baby ducks, geese and swans.✾
 
By the way, go back to the Ely Cathedral, we found a really authentic little room with stone coffin. It was cool. ✿ and took some photos!

It's me in the stone coffin. I could just fit in. I wondered if the coffin was made for a small person or in old days, people were smaller in cambridgeshire????

No comments:

Post a Comment