Wednesday, July 11, 2012

weather and cherries

weather's been so crazy these days.  I want nice hot summer with sun with some shower. Not pouring down! Our weather starts like this: lovely sunshine @ 6am, gradually sky goes grey. By 9am, it rains. Then stops. sun comes out a bit. Then grey, starts pouring down. About early evening, sun comes out, really hot for an hour, then sun goes down. Back to cool climate for the night. During the night it rains. next morning, wake up with grey sky with chilled temperature. It rains in the morning, sun comes out for a few hours or less, then pouring down again. Again, it stops, sun shine in early evening till sun goes down, then back to chilled night again. then...REPEAT!!!!!
 
I'm really not sure about this weather. It's really strange. Usually, English summer is really nice. I do hope we get nice summer soon.
 
Maybe as a result of this weather?, cherries aren't doing very well. We haven't seen full cherry trees in Marcus's neighbourhood. Every year, they have lovely sweet cherries and they are famous for it. Also, cherry trees in my local area haven't got many cherries either. Some trees haven't even got ANY cherries! If they do, they are already split and not very tasty.
 
My strawberry plants are doing very well. Bless. My friend Emma gave me her strawberry plants. they keep producing sweet strawberries! So as my wild ones. They are yummy. I wonder how they feel about this weather.
 
I'm not complaining, just wondering..............
 
People are blaming this on the global warming. But, they've been saying it for ages. When I think about it, we had industrial revolution, Victorian steam engines, coal burning, 2 massive gigantic world wars, Vietnam, Korea, gulf wars, etc, no wonder weather get messed up.  Anyway, Weather today isn't due to the global warming, or maybe it is? who knows? I can't do anything about to change this wet weather to sunny summer, just need to accept it and enjoy as it comes.  I don't really like cycling in rain though.... ☹  

No comments:

Post a Comment