Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Essex walks---- Mersea island

Wow, I always wanted to go to the Mersea island. But I didn't know much about it apart from it was an island in Essex, and a substance misuse rehab (treatment center) there. That was it! Somehow it touched my curiosity, wondering how small/ big the island was, bridge between mainland and the island...
Apparently, certain time of the day, due to the tied, bridge disappears into the sea. I quite often heared how people stuck there.

So, bless him, Marcus drove me there for nice walk.... It was cute and quaky place. I loved it! There were some cute cafes and restaurant where served Essex oysters. If I was still easing sea foods, I would defo try them. Those restaurants were in west Mersea, by the harbour. Hot cuppa with home made cake would be lovely. I think that day we bought a flask from Colchester TK-MAXX(my favo shop..one of..), thinking of hot cuppa after walks. We haven't used yet, but can't wait. It's sometimes nice to walk into a cafe. I quite like that too.


Here are some photos from west Mersea!


quaky!!!

Boat houses! How cool is that to live on the boat! Some boat houses were huge and had cute garden on the front. Also I saw smoke was coming out from a chimney! Very cozy...

This is the beach before getting to the beach huts!

those beach huts are not as expensive as ones in Southwolds. I think those are sold by holiday park people near by.

These are the first row, and second, and third row. Cheaper as it gets to the back. Still, second and third rows are higher so that still can see the sea from those huts.

 It's me wondering if I should've worn my wellies..... It was sunny by then, stated getting warmer, also, regretted wearing too many clothes.... never mind, sun shine on the beach made our walk worthwhile...☺☺☺



I loved this island lots, I thought I could live there. We already looked some flats/houses we liked on the website. Those were sold out...when we got back home, we looked into "rightmove.com" for house/flat search again! "let's go inside!!!" is my phrase to check properties out. We found some, but we are still looking. West country sounds, looks very attractive. At moment, halesworth(and near by area) looks very very attractive to us for future reference...




No comments:

Post a Comment