Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Long Weekend" Sicily 5---Cellenute


The day before went back, we went to Bovo Marina to potter. It was sunny morning, wanted to make the most of it, we packed our snack and water then we were off. It was warm. Then huge grey cloud came over, quickly it started raining again. By then, we knew what it was like the weather there, so we were relaxed that it was going to clear. Then did. It repeated many times during the day. When we got there, An old-ish couple with a dog parked their caravan and chilling out. We walked up and down the beach about 2hours. Sea water was cold but very refreshing.

Marcus noticed there was a little river, so we went over and had a look. Water was very, very chilly.
We lied on the beach, that point, sun was out and fairly warm till this huge cloud moving over towards us. Awesome. 


This sky is what it looked like after the rain...

We enjoyed our day out on the beach that day anyway, we headed back to our little apartment. I wanted to have an early night, to leave early there, get to the airport early.....And plenty time for our last visit to Cellenute.


To me , personally, I prefer this site than "Valle dei Templi". I think it was more raw. There was no metal gate, no fence to keep away from us, instead, there in Cellenute, I could walk on them and feel.... AND, there was huge ruined city. The city which ordinary people lived and died. It had sad histories, almost could feel those dark side. Thousand of people were killed. 
I bet it was stunning view and buildings. Again, this site had a two parts to it. €8 to get in. Could spend all day there. Next time we go to Sicily, we'd love to stay in the village to visit the site every day. The village itself looked a bit touristy, am sure busy in summer. 
I found the head of little statue. I wondered who owned her? Did the person pray with her? She was lying on the footpath. Due to lots of rain, probably she came out from the ground! Wanted to get fresh air? Oh, by the way, potteries were everywhere on the ground! Amazing!



I miss the site the most. Somehow, it makes me feel sentiment and same time gives me calm and peace. Magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment