Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Suffolk walks ---- Bradfield Woods 28/April

I really fancied walks in Bradfield woods.... Before I mentioned it to Marcus, somehow it was in my mind for a while. Last time we went was I think winter time. They were doing up footpath and some places were blocked up. I remembered it was quite nice woods, I just fancied somewhere different near by. 

I don't drive, so I don't know or didn't know how to get there. Marcus always drives, still, he didn't remembered either. We drove round about 30-40 mins from where I live, which is Bury St Edmunds, we tend to love to take scenic route. Eventually after through some villages, we arrived. We always find places in the end.....



Bradfield Woods
Felsham Road, Bradfield St George,
Bury St Edmund's
Suffolk
IP30 0AQ


It's cute woods. When we got there, I saw the car park was fairly full (very small car park, people park outside the woods, on the road too, which is a bit naughty...), we managed to find the space... I put my wellies on as ground was a bit wet due to wet weather on the previous day.
Wow, I could see a new wooden house there. It wasn't there before. They built a center where people could study plants and wild life in the woods, also, they made a proper wood curving (?) work shop area. Now I could see why the car park was fairly full, doing the work shop!
Also, there was a new toilet! great! (They didn't have a toilet before. )





 
  When we got into the woods, we saw the sign post, so followed it. It seemed like the foot path opened up more & bits we didn't walk before.
I liked it that day, it wasn't too cold, people were having picnic on benches. Considering it was Sunday, it wasn't busy at all. It took us about an hour to do the whole woods including pottering time.

This woods is one of my recommendation to do quiet walks in Bury area.







The end of the foot path towards the car park, there was woods chopped up for fire wood. I'm not sure where and when they were sold at. I hope we don't need fire woods for a while.....

No comments:

Post a Comment