Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Suffolk Walks--- Hillhouse Wood

15/April

More bluebells! We don't want to miss this opportunity to walk through the magic woods. I do love it. When I walk through the bluebell woods, I forget everything.


Wild Orchids


Wild Orchid's coming out!


I had only a few weeks left to leave my current job, and feeling a bit tired for a while. I got myself a new job working as a support worker for people with leaning disabilities, feeling a bit nervous and apprehensive.... When I walked through the woods, I forgot how I was feeling and felt like I was swimming through the bluebells. Arrrrr, heaven.





We were middle of doing poodle sitting that week, spent 3 days in the house. On Tuesday, Marilyn came and decided to go for walk (without poodles, they already had good walk near by) after our lunch.


Naughty poodles


Poodle's cherry tree


This woods, it's not very big, but every time we get lost. I don't know where our favourite benches are, and which footpath to take. so, just pottering through the woods as usual. Again, cars are usually parked where the church is, and usually it becomes a busy little car park especially when the flowers are in season.

When we walked though towards the little stream, not very strong yet, but I could smell wild garlic and smelt so tasty. Always reminds me of the miso soup my mum used to make when I was a child. and almost always, I imagine myself having the soup and eating them in my salad. This year, I really would love to forage some and make yummy dinner!

Of course, this woods is managed by Woodland Trust (same as Chalkney Woods), so, not allowed to take any of the plants and they stay there. And better that anyway. Woodland Trust does good job, our favourite woods are all free to get in, and beautifully (rustic and wild, and I like it) maintained.




Anyway, bluebells were everywhere, This woods never disappoint me. According to national Trust, bluebells are sign of ancient woods, certainly this woods feel that way. Every time I see splendid view of bluebells, I feel very lucky and I really want to take my mum & dad to see it too. Hopefully, one day, I can take them there. Photos doesn't quite show/feel the energy, it's defo something else.






Then makes me wonder, there are more and more beauty like this on this earth, I would love to see and feel them!

Before they are all gone, we are going to visit the woods this weekend too. Oh, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment