Friday, September 10, 2021

Suffolk walk: Cycle ride from Dunwich NT to Southwold

 By the last Sunday, Marcus's car was fixed, We were going to cycle to Mindsmere that day. change of plans... Drove to Dunwich Heath ( again) then cycled into Southwold. I was always wanted to do it, to cycle to Southwold. By now, I am a bit more confident I can do this, a bit by bit, I need to build myself, if I don't move, my body seize up and feel tight. Alos having cancer treatment at moment, putting weight. I feel fatigue so I don't do as much as excise I used to pre cancer days. So I am getting a bit heavier. Anyway, keeping healthy weight is good, decrease chance of cancer coming back. i need to keep going...😁


What a lovely cycle ride. It was quite straight forward from Dunwich. We cycled down through woods into Dunwich church, past Dingle hill farm/ cafe into bridleway ( grabble path). From there, it was straight to Southwold. had different flavour of woods and field. It was lovely day, saw many people walking by, it was wonderful seeing people and doggies smiling ( some were a bit grumpy πŸ˜‚) , being outdoor feels so good isn't it? And be able to say hello to fellow walkers and cyclists! 😍


When we came out from the bridleway, through some gates, I knew we were close to walberswick! I knew exactly where we were. It was my first time went to Walberswick from Dunwich, the path I always wanted to try ( from Walberswick). Such a beautiful path to cycle/ walk. Cycling along the river, through reeds to the top of the village. Straight onto path leads to the Walberswick Bailey bridge. Then realised the bridge was still closed! So we cycled to harbour, took a ferry ( smallest in the country! and at the moment it is free of charge, Suffolk County council subsidising the fees, how generous of the, they should do that more often.πŸ€“) Anyway, it was also my first time crossing the river with the ferry. so excited. 




Safely got to the other side. We went into the town then into the pier. It was really busy, we cycled round a bit and went back to the harbour. I always wanted to try a portion of chips from one of fish and chip shop there. Now, my dream came true! 😍Yes, we had a bag of chips and water each for our snack. It was delicious! Fresh chips, crispy outside, soft inside. Hand cut chips ( I believe. ) Chips is my favorite food, which I don't have often. So this makes even more tasty! Appreciate more I guess. 





Delicious chips!



After our belly feeling happy with chips, we took a ferry again back to Walberswick. 


From Walberswick, we took different bridleway on the top of Bailey bridge turning right ( maybe footpath...), went through the field, go over the road, through cornfield ( loved it, cycled through cornfield! felt like I was in the different country!) carried on the bridleway. took a few random footpath too, and we got lost in deep Dunwich forest. I got grumpy and tired...🚴‍♀️😠But somehow,  we managed to come out the grabble path where we cycled through earlier that day. all connect in the end...πŸ˜†

From there, it was easy getting back to the Heath. I just couldn't wait for my paddling in the sea. We spent another an hour or so on the beach then drove back home. So tired, crushed into my bed early that night. following day, I was still tired... Took me a few day to recover, however, I felt good. I can't wait for more adventure this weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment