Sunday, July 24, 2022

Suffolk Walk: Bungay, Outney meadow campsite & Kayaking

 

3/07/22

We went kayaking in Bungay joined by our friend, Yvonne. We met up at the campsite where we launched our kayak. We'd never kayak at this end of Suffolk, we have done in Sudbury, another beautiful part of Suffolk.

Marcus recently purchased secondhand kayak which can be connected one person or two persons. I was a bit uncertain about the kayak, I only sat on deep two person blow up ( very sturdy one)  kayak. I didn't want to fall in the water. Again, I wasn't sure about a river, vegetation inside the water completely put me off from dipping in the water. ( funny how I convinced myself I didn't want to fall, I wasn't sure getting on the kayak. I wanted Marcus to practice then, I would be confident enough to get on it...😆 )





Anyway, Marcus and Yvonne eventually launched ( long story, one of Yvonne's blow up kayak had huge holes which appeared to be eaten by a mouse...no matter how hard she was pumping up, it didn't pump up. I kept saying, it has holes! but I wasn't heard, she kept pumping for another 10 mins or so, then realised had holes. So she started pumping up her spare one. Took her over 30mins to launch. ) then paddling away on the river. Looked very nice. 

In the meanwhile, I was going to rest on one of benches by the river, but decided to go for a little walk. I went out from the campsite, through the gate next to the site, walked into the nature reserve. 




I met some cute friendly cows, I was looking for somewhere to sit down and chill out. The river looked lovely, but I kept walking.....said hello to cows and they followed me a bit. Then started sniffing me! A few of them actually came really close to me and licked my hands 😆 One was licking my camera bag.... I thought they were checking on me....I told them I was vegetarian as I do always when I meet cows and piggies. 🐄 ❤️ 







I trodded on, came out from the field, then walked into the reserve. I thought "let's walk for just 5 mins, towards water"...then ended up walking the whole circular path. It was long walk for me as I get fatigue these days. Even when I walk 10 mins, I am exhausted and out of breath. So, for me to walk this circular walk was a lot. took me over an hour to do. I walked slowly and enjoying the views and scenery.  I figured out somehow it was circular walk, I knew this golf course next to the campsite, so I was sure I would be ended up by the site. I usually take "unofficial " footpath, and get lost. I was impressed myself, I actually figured out and did this footpath. Achievement! yay! 😊 







By the time I came back to the campsite, I was knackered. So, I made myself comfortable in back of Marcus's car, and started listening to music......after 5 mins or so, Marcus came back to the car! Oooooo, I was going to have a nap! Never mind....😓 

Gave Yvonne her car key back, we tidied up kayak and packed our car. Yvonne drove off. She enjoyed it! We spoke to this family who were camping over the weekend, and he told us this campsite was lovely site and the river was one of the best river he kayak in this country. As he said, water was clear, no mortar boats sailing through. Lovely part of the river there. 

Marcus did well with his new kayak, I had some confident on him now. so, next time I will sit on the kayak and let him addle for me! 😂 ( I am a terrible paddler, need more practice! )

Looking forward to next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment