Sunday, July 24, 2022

Suffolk Walk: Shingle street beach ( again...)


24/07/22


 Lovely day at Shingle street beach today AND y'day. Sunshine, and not too hot, with some breeze. Spent all day, dip in and out of the sea. We love going there especially on low tide. Because that's when magic appears. šŸ˜ 





My teacher said; “ vacation is location” it’s in my head, so he tells us. But….I want to go somewhere! We popped into Shingle street beach for two days, It was like holiday, spent all day at the beach on both day. It was quiet y’day, but today! It was like Piccadilly Circus there! šŸ¤£ Never seen so many people. It’s getting popular! It is a lovely magical beach, everyone seemed to having fun. And it was low tide around lunch time. Dip in and out of sea and the lagoon, playing with their paddle boards, and lots of kite surfers. Cars were parked up along the road, thinking, wow, some kite surfers walked a bit with their kits! I always fancied learning to kite surf. 

As soon as I said to Marcus, he went:” You would bump into people wouldn’t you” šŸ¤“ So, that means: No driving ( road) = No kayaking ( river) = No kite surfing ( sea), What can I try? I did paddle board and body board ( floating with it šŸ¤£ ), which I did well with. Maybe I just need to stick with that. Oh, yes, I can cycle šŸš“‍♀️ ! Although I did make a double decker bus stop a couple of times when I was in London yeas ago…Oh, sorry, that was when I was on my Vespa šŸ›µ šŸ¤£

I am sure you are safe drivers, riders, cyclists, and surfers.






Oh, I nearly forgot to mention, there was full of beautiful samphires in one of lagoons ( which dried out a bit, full of algae too.) I never seen so much and looked lovely, so I picked some, and had them for our dinner. I sauteed a bit, salt & pepper, vegan butter/merg, squeezed lemon juice at the end. it was lovely. I remember one of SOHO restaurants I used to work, we used to serve pan roasted cod, creamy mash ( really tasty), and sauteed samphire. It was lovely, simple but using the best ingredients, no need to add much. šŸ˜ 

By the way, last time we were in Shingle street beach, there were thick vegetation and some algae on the lagoon, they weren’t there today. I wonder what’s happened to it. Does anyone know? Those vegetation either someone cleared or naturally disappeared? šŸ§ Mmmm, mystery. 





No comments:

Post a Comment