Sunday, January 1, 2023

Suffolk Walk: Christmas Eve Day walk in Walberswick 2022

 

24/12/2022

Our Christmas Eve walk in Walberswick... We felt we needed to get used to the sea for Christmas Day dip in Southwold, as we hadn't been in the water for a week.... But first, needed to have a walk! It was very quiet, and peaceful. The car park was empty. It wasn't brightly sunny day, nevertheless, it was beautiful there.



We parked our car up the road from the village, and went through the woods into the beach. Footpath was still a bit muddy. When we walked out from the woods, to open footpath where takes you to the beach and boardwalk, which I love looking out panoramic view of Walberswick. 

That day, one side was grey, other side had blue sky with a bit cloud, two different sky in one place! We didn't see any birds of prey, usually a harrier or two floating on the marsh. That day, we saw a pair of swans were chilling out on the river. Looked very peaceful, felt time passing differently from us humans. 


We carried on walking along the footpath, breathing fresh air, chatted about our dip, what to eat, nap and nature. The sea was lovely and calm, looked very inviting. It was a bit misty over Sizewell, still there. Sat there for a while, I needed a bit of rest, feeling very tired walking. These days, only a little walk really knackers me out. Often I need to stop to rest my legs and catch my breath. By the time back to the car, I was really knackered, then drove to the beach car park which was empty. Only another car parked there. 

We went in to the water, i felt it was really chilly. It reminded me when I was in late teen trying to stab myself with a needle to have my ear pierced. In those days, people often said; " use a bag of peas to numb your ears!" I did listen to the advice and yes, numbed my ear to stub, felt my ear was frozen. Jumping in the sea was a bit like that, my legs and arms felt really chilly went numb. soon got used to it though. Anyway, had a good dip, felt much better. Certainly woke me up! 😆

Now, I was ready for Southwold christmas day dip! 







No comments:

Post a Comment