Wednesday, May 24, 2023

St. Guilihem Le Désert 21/05/'23

 


21/05/'23

We woke up early for Sunday.... I was hungry. So, we drove to nearest BIG intermarche for about 40mins or so, we got lost a half way. That was the shop we wanted to go on our way here, but google map satnav took us different way, so we couldn't go yesterday. 


I do love intermarche, as well as small independent shops in France. They look and have very fresh produce and vegetables taste vegetables, and fruits taste fruits. I purchased strawberries as well as lots of veggies for a week. I could not wait to taste, so, I had a few in our Fiat 500. They were delish! Sweet, and i remember now how strawberries taste. Even Waitrose in U.K, don't have these lovely strawberries! Thanks France, your produces are amazing! 

I love cooking, making salads with beautiful produces like these, no need to add anything, just extra virgin olive oil and lemons will do  as dressing!

A few more photos from the village....




Beautifully preserved mediaeval village, I can only imagine how it was like in those days... Tickle my imagination.... Soooo happy I am here now!   



This is a view from our patio, beautifully restored stoned house with private garden. I love it! 😍

weather forecast says we will have thunderstorms everyday whilst we are here, and now, as I am writing this, it's thunder storming outside as it was predicted. So far, we've had it everyday, however we've also had sunny weather during the day. Rain drops are huge, unlike England, not cold either.  Beautiful! 

I recorded a few footage of this thunder storms, I will edit and upload on youtube some point! (norie yoga on youtube 🤩) 



No comments:

Post a Comment