Thursday, June 21, 2012

Suffolk walks---9/June the beach in FELIXSTOWE

That day, I had my 4hour training in town. This is my favo session, we do a bit of kun fu forms, tai chi spire form, karate forms, core and combat fighting. It's always fun. We usually go for some bites to eat and nice coffee after. Talk about really random things. Not everyone come with us, but it's good opportunity to get like-minded people together and have a laugh.

 Anyway, after our session we started to walk into the town, then Ken and Sam found the record fair. they were there for ages! I told Simon and Andy, I was going home, Emma was picking me up for a ride to the beach.

 So, I walked home. It was lovely sunny day, it was pleasure to walk through Greenking(Beer brewery) nature reserve. I could hear birds singing, trees were dancing with winds. When I got home, Emma texted me she was going to be late. Never mind, I just pottered. About 5pm, she turned up with her hippie van.

 We were ready to go for a ride. We were none stop chatting to Filixstowe, it took us about 40mins or so. It was lovely evening. There were quite few people walking along the beach. We wanted to eat chips again. It's English thing to eat chips every time. Anyway, we were still chatting. Found some funny beach hut! They were cool. 


Beach huts there and in Southwold look different. Yes, Southwold is posh. And some people think Felixstowe isn't nice. I must say, I like it there. We saw fun and cool beach huts, lovely green park area and seating area, especially I loved the tacky 1930's building. I'd been there before once, I had a nice ice cream.

 Yes, old Filixstowe is also lovely. Apparently there are some pretty walks too. We didn't have time to walk about. All we did was, pottered along the beach, sat down, ate some fresh but bad take-away. 

Look! those beach huts are very nice!

This building facing the beach. I'm sure in hot sunny day, it'll be fun sitting there with some ice creams watching life go by.


This is me, pretending to get in to some chalet. They looked great! Very 70's building and very tacky! 

They did up nicely, some gardens opposite the beach and lovely seating area with beautiful trees and plants.

By the time we got to the chippie, it was closed. We missed by 15mins or so. Then we found Chinese take-away on the far left of this photo. That was where we bought from.

 we sat by the beach with a bottle of water. We watched ships and chatted till 10pm. Felt like we were on holiday. Yes, we were on mini-holiday.

After that, drove back to Emma's, picked up her over night kit, came back to mine.
 
Following day(Sunday), me, Emma, and a couple of ladies met up in the local spa/gym/hotel, spend all afternoon there in swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. I had lovely day with ladies. It was good for me to get to know other two ladies. I knew them, but not very well. I felt comfortable with them too. We had lunch there. Cor blimey, it was really poor and very disappointing. Anyway, this was my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment