Thursday, May 31, 2012

Suffolk walks---mini-holiday in suffolk coast

On Sunday 27th, May...It was very hot day. My friend Emma suggested us to go to the beach...It was fantastic idea, I straight away said YES!

 That morning, Emma was going come and pick me up before lunch time, but had change of plan, she turned up early with her dog Robbie. He's a cute dog, and a bit of character. When Emma got here we googled for dog friendly beach. And we found a few. "Walberswick", "Southwold", and some part of "Aldeburgh".
 
Initially, Emma was worried about it mite be too hot for Robbie, I told her some dogs I saw previous day in the Abbey Garden (in Bury St Edmunds) were fine with some water due to some nice breeze. So I got a big bottle of water for Robbie just in case. I was ready to go. All we needed then was to decide where to go. We decided to..."Walberswick"!!!
 
By the time we got there, it was hot. although there was some cold sea breeze, just right in the sun. this Robbie on my window.


From this photo, somehow he looks like a cat. He's a dog. 

this is my friend Emma with her van. Very suits her! VW camper van would suits her even more!  She's a bit of hippie too.

 Can you see how nice is there? it doesn't happen often. Up till previous week, it was raining and very cold. I even put central heating one evening. Then, suddenly it got hot. The Sunday and sat were very hot, I even got burnt a bit! I don't mind really.

 Anyway, it was busy. The carparking lady was cramping us in. It was packed. 

Last time me and Marcus came here was in the winter time. It was cold, although that day wasn't too bad, it wasn't busy. I even saw kids and family were catching crabs! We walked towards the beach. I was very excited! I was sure Robbie was excited too!


Arrrr, they look so sweet together. Inside Emma's bag... Our lunch! ☺☺☺


It was really sunny that day, but still look grey somehow and the sea looks...brown...not a blue! We took Robbie to the sea, he didn't want to go in....

When Emma was having a nap, I took Robbie for a walk, I run to the sea... Robbie came with me. We got wet. Water was very chilly. Nice though. We did small-ish circular walk. Guess what I saw... Samphire! they were coming up! everywhere! They were really tiny. Then I got excited again, just imagining picking them fro our dinner/lunch. Can't wait the season to come.

When we got back to Emma, we felt it was nearly a cake time. So we left Walberswick, then off to Southwold! I do love Southwold. It's very pretty Suffolk coast and town.
 
We left Robbie in the car, off to the pier for our cakes and coffee! ☺☺☺
We popped in some shops( charity shops) on the high street. I found some bargains for my e-bay. Joules was cool, they had 25% off sale. We didn't buy anything but looking around. 



Everyone on the beach was chilling out. Granny and Grandad on chairs with a dog, young families with picnics, and even sea gulls were chilling out...

When we got back to the car, took Robbie for a little wee, now, we were off again. Emma said Aldburgh wasn't far from there, and we fancied some chips.

So, we did. When we got there, parked up opposite of the chip shop. Wow, looooong ques. Apparently the shop on the high street was closing at 4pm on Sunday. It was 3.40pm. By the time we got inside the shop and ordered was nearly 4pm. We had chips, veg burger and mushy peas! How naughty of us, eating naughty foods... well, we enjoyed our day and all food we had that day. It was another fantastic day.
 
I slept really well that night, well, always do, but when I spend time with/in nature, I sleep even more!
 
Thanks to Emma, for driving and her company (we laughed lots!❀❀❀) look forward to another adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment