Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Glamping in Norfolk---Burnham, Deepdale

Beautiful Norfolk

I wanted to go for camping this year, I always do. I enjoy camping very much. I didn't very much to start off with when I was in Japan as a girl. I remember I read mangas( that was all I was interested in) in our tent all the time and yes, I did go out and hang out with friends. I suppose I liked it but not as much as I do now. 
I was told once spending in nature and having quiet life was sign of getting old. Well, I feel there's truth in it, but I know some younger people love it too. For me, I had chaotic life all my life, I want now have peaceful and chill out life!!! So, living here in Suffolk just do the job. 
It's easy to get to everywhere. To Cambridge, Norwich, London, Norfolk broads, and Suffolk coast. It's surrounded by beautiful English country side.

Anyway, 7th of July, Marcus booked a camping site in Norfolk. It was very nice camping site, called: Deepdale backpackers and camping. (www.deepdalebackpackers.co.uk) This was awesome site, very neat and organized. Toilet and shower rooms were clean, recycling bins everywhere, I felt this site was with Eco friendly and it was. Staffs there were also friendly and helpful. 

I saw a guy with a tent near by, he was chilling out watching sunset with his B.B.Q, family with a big tent, a posh couple with a small caravan drinking glasses of red wine enjoying chat, everyone was enjoying their weekend. We stayed there for a night. Wish could stay longer, we defo do back to do longer weekend even winter!!!

It was sunny day, before we checked in, we went out for a quick walk (we were too early for check-in time). We were little familiar with this area, as this was our favo place. Rather than going to Holkham, we pretty much stayed there. By the way, when we popped in to Holkham quickly, it was absolutely jam packed with cars and people (and horses) in the car park, people were queuing up to get a parking tickets! Cor, blimey, never seen anything like it. I didn't like that at all. So, we moved on to...Brancaster Staithe and Burnham! Hooray!!! ☺


Walks along the coast, tide was out!

Originally Marcus wanted to book a small yurt, but it was already booked. Here's the yurt (red one on the left) we stayed in.

This camping site has: tipis, shepherds huts, granary group hostel (old 17th century converted granary!) with private rooms and camping site!
I always wonder what it was like to spending time inside a yurt, one of my friends from Norwich had a yurt made by her and her partner (they went to a weekend course to do it!), awesome!

Inside the yurt was very comfy and warm, loved the circular ceiling. 
Lovely light coming through


This yurt was large one, 1x double bed, i think there were 3 sofa bed along the wall. As you can see, a wood burner! Would love to stay in winter burning wood and looking at stars out side. Unfortunately, it wasn't clear night for star guezing.....

After we checked in, we went to the sea. I put suntan oil and my swimming togs on, to make the most of the weather while it lasted. Water wasn't too cold, (Usually cold in Norfolk, tide was out, so we could walk miles. We spent time on the beach, I was dreaming....

Surprisingly, compare to Holkham, it was quiet. Loved it. I defo recommend here, there were lovely footpath along the coast. We usually go and walk Burnham Overy (I think it is) and again, it's lovely footpath. Watching bids flying is absolutely magic. Every time, I get tearful watching herds of geese flying off next me. So beautiful!
Our dinner? Of course, we did our first B.B.Q together. Vegan B.B.Q, and it was delicious. I made some skewers, hummus, tofu sausages and our favo drink called "ame". It was delicious!

Marcus trying to light the B.B.Q

It took us about more than one bag to light the bloody thing, we bought Eco fire starers, but didn't light! Anyway, we managed to do it, enough for the chimey after for chilling out.
In the morning following day, it was very misty!
We checked out about 10am, drove back to Suffolk. On our way back, we stopped off to a farm store having a look and we bought something....What was it? Some snack and...
a punnet of Norfolk strawberry! 

Then, we stopped in Castle Acre. We like it there. We were lying down on the grass, it was hot sunny day. Had our snack and fell asleep. Then woke up by really loud airplane noise (American air force), I could hear it, but quite often, couldn't see the plains. And they were flying very fast! Neva mind being woke up, I still had good nap. 






That day, Marcus dropped me off at my flat, I still went to my core session (and qi-gong) that evening. I felt refreshed and relaxed, Oh, I need more weekend like this!




No comments:

Post a Comment