Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Waterfall---Douche

Happy Hazelnut tree

The day we were going to check into the house in Douche, we got there quite early. We drove from the town called "Lamalou les Bains". Cor blimey, it freaked me out a bit, I felt like as if I was warped into "twilight zone"(remember back in 80's, this T.V program???). It was strange town.
One thing I wasn't happy about this town was there was NO free spring water. Apparently, there were free taps everywhere in this town, different spring water both still and sparkling! Sparkling is very rare to find, I was looking forward to taste, but it finished as dream... It's a hospital town, apparently, all spring water now goes to the hospital for their patients. So, if you want to taste the waters, need to get into the hospital as patients!

Anyway, we were glad to get out this weired town into the beautiful mountain!
We pottered and sunbathing by the river.
Cor, it was heaven! We sunbathed here the day before I went back...(Sunday) It was sunny day, I wanted to get the most of it, I put suntan oil, laid on the rock, listening to the water coming down and...fell asleep(as usual). 
I had very relaxing "long weekend" here in France (ended up that way). 
I would defo love to come back to Douche and St. Guilehem le Dessert for more walks!
 Beautiful waterfalls!
 Lying on the rock was very comfy and warm(not hot!)
Water was lovely and chilly, very refreshing

No comments:

Post a Comment