Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Suffolk Walk: Orford Ness NT

 16/10/'22



 I was so excited that finally visited to Orford Ness this sunday. It was huge! Much bigger than what I expected. 

We arrived a bit earlier than when we booked for the little NT ( National Trust) ferry to across the river. Felt like I wasn't wearing the right footwear, never mind I was able to get into the ferry with help of NT lady. I was a bit feeling tired, so not sure how far I could walk.

When we arrived on the Ness, walked to a van ( from WW2 I would imagine) to listen to the guide explaining us about Ness and footpaths. I am a bit def, I wasn't able to hear all of what he was saying, good job, Marcus ( my partner) got good hearings. They did ask me if I could walk for a few miles to get to the office ( we hired off road NT mobility scooter), I thought I could walk. I was wrong, it was farther than what I expected, I started moaning 😅 as usual... Anyway, took us a bit but got there in the end. As soon as I got on the scooter, I was happy. I loved it, walked a lot on the ness. 

The view from the viewpoint was amazing. Shingles everywhere, so wide and ..... nothing there.... apart from remains from what they used that time. 




Weather was ok, it was a bit windy but bearable. We had a little rain ( spitting a bit), stopped quickly. I was told on the Ness, either windy and cold or blasting with heat and really hot, but it wasn't bad, actually it was quite pleasant. We had lovely time there. We decided to come back to Ness for nature walk, which we didn't have time to do that day. Nature took over the Ness, I would love to walk ( with the scooter) the footpath. 



Oh, we popped into the war exhibition, it was interesting what went on on the Ness. At the same time, when I saw a diagram about atomic bombs which, scared me. Ones were dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan were one of smallest ones. How scary is that, they caused so much damages and people are still suffering after mass of atomic bombs. I pray for peace, world peace. 🙏


There's more photos from the Ness below! 





 

Links to Orford Ness below:

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/orford-ness-national-nature-reserve

https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/orford-ness-national-nature-reserve/features/visiting-orford-ness-what-you-need-to-know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orford_Ness

No comments:

Post a Comment