Sunday, February 19, 2012

Suffolk walks----Snowed in Polstead!

Cor blimey, it was cold and chilly beginning of this month. People were saying we were having really snowy day/weekend. It didn't happen.

Then, weekend after, it got really chilly. I was waiting a bus on one Saturday early evening. I was frozen! Although I was wearing lots of layers and warm gloves, hat and my snow boots, I was cold. When I got to Sudbury, temperature dropped even more. It was -6℃...

 That night, it started snowing. I didn't see when it was snowing, but when we got up following morning, it was covered with snow and white everywhere! Oh, it was very pretty...

 We went out for a walk. There were some people who had the same idea as us, we saw quite a few people walking with sledge and they were smiling. They looked happy and cheeky. Then we thought.."somehow snow makes people smile like nice sunny day!" That morning was crisp, pretty and sunny. I'd never seen that much snow for ages!
 
I love walking on fresh snow. So soft and love the texture when I put my foot on it.

Everywhere looked so different. It didn't look like the world I knew. Maybe it was parallel world in the universe? Who knows. Energy changed and it was quiet.

 At the same time I felt like little snow hobbits jumping round in the woods. I didn't know where we were walking. Felt very mysterious. Loved it.

 Then, Marcus said "shall we do snow angels?" I didn't wanna get wet back, but I thought.." Sod it!" Then we did. I'd never done that before. To be honest, I always wanted to do it. I had a funny childhood, I missed this kind of fun when I was growing up.

 Also I reckon, it's still fun doing it as being grow-ups. Why not??? I do believe lots of laugh and being childlike and playful (not being childish) defo keeps us young. I remember a year before, we went out for a walk somewhere, we found rope hanging from a tree by the river. I told Marcus to jump and swung to the other side with the rope. You know what he said?  "Norie, I'm nearly 50 you know!" Well, he did it anyway. Oh, he got wet feet though. I wanted to do it, but I couldn't quite reach the rope and  I could see myself dropping right into the water. We haven't been back there since....

This is our snow angels!
Since that snowy day on 5th of Feb, we haven't had snow....It's been mild also. Never know what's going to be like weather wise these days.

 In early evenings, I see hundreds of bird flying in the sky. I wonder where they are going? They do that every day. Where do they go and sleep? What about ducks? Where do they go when it snows? I didn't see any in the pond in Polstead. Do they have a special place to hang out? It's now getting chilly here...I think I'm guanna put central heating on....

By the way, my snowdrops are coming out. Tomorrow, we are going to see some snowdrops. I can't wait.....


No comments:

Post a Comment