Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I went to Assisi in Italy! 24th feb - 27th feb

This is 2nd day at the city of Assisi. I wanted to go round to see some of old churches and cathedrals. We had a map.

Well, since it was Marcus's 3rd visit to the City, really we didn't need to get a map. But I wanted it. So that I could see where we visited.

 I was bizzy looking round. Everywhere I looked, it was old and ancient and beautiful wall paintings, fixtures on the walls, cute pray area, fountain and I thought even chemists were rustic and beautiful. Didn't look like ones we have here. I remember in Spain, they had some rustic funky chemists. They had lots of homeopathy and herbal cosmetics, soaps, and oils! Big different from England.

  Anyway these are the photos where we visited on our 2nd day!

Me and the public phone. I love somehow taking a photo with me and a phone. Not sure why. I just love different things from what I'm used to, I suppose....

Look! how cool is that? Alfa Romeo police car!

Nice lions on the door!

This shop, actually not only selling aprons, but ALSO they embroider your name etc on the apron you buy. I never seen such a funny shop. Is it Italian thing, to give these to family or friends as a souvenir from Assisi???? It was funny shop. I had massive smile on me face when I saw this.

Apparently, this is one of the oldest roman pillars in Italy...

He's cool!

Rocca Maggiore. Marcus firstly told me it was a castle. When we got there, (it was on the top of the Assisi hill)I saw it was a fortress! COOL!!! It had awesome view of the city and surrounding area.

We went inside. It had loooooooong straight pathway to other part of the fortress. It was a bit spooky, but loved the every moment!
This is the loooooong corridor, couldn't even see the end. It was dark too.

View to the Basilica di S. Francesco
Other part of the fortress. It's massive. It had the other side as well.

I think we visited the fortress first and the we went down to different churches. when we started walking down, I spotted some strange things. Ar, Italians are funny. It was just outside the fortress.
Can you guess what it is? This is a metal wire fence with hundreds of chewing gum stuck on. Sounds disgusting and looked a bit disgusting but as I watched long enuff, I started see an art  in this...??????????????????????☺☺☺
 
These chewing gums had different colour as well, and it showed that young Italians liked chewing gums! and I wondered how many of them to cover the metal wire???????

Here's more pretty pictures.♥♥♥

Me and bus stop. I like the simplicity of this bus stop. And beautiful sky! ♥♥♥


Look, snooty fountain! 


When I saw this, I couldn't stop laughing. It was the funniest and very out of place thing I ever looked on that day. Looked like some karaoke night flyer or maybe a gig???? How those people posing were unreal. So funny and I gave this poster 10 points!!!!! ☺☺☺☺
 
We visited lots of churches and cathedrals. some were nice, some were o.k, some were fab, different energy....Now I don't really remember what inside was like on those churches.... I remember big ones and cute ones though.
 
By the way, I was told (by Marcus, of course) there were appollo and fino line across the city. No wonder why lights were funny over there. Bury St Edmund, where I live has two layline across too. sometimes lights are funny, but Assisi had more frequent on light flickering. It happened very often. Coool.
 
One thing I can say about this city is; can get fit! Eat lovely foods and up and down in the city(lots of hills, stairs every where. loads were narrow ans still cars drove passed), drink lovely espresso and ice cream! Been spoilt again!

No comments:

Post a Comment