Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I went to Assisi in italy! 24th feb - 27th feb/ 3rd day

This was on our 3rd day there. We took our hire car to outside the city. Marcus wanted take me to the mountain behind the city. But unfortunately, there was some snow left, we couldn't go up there to have our little snack. And it was cold.... We tried and tried. It wasn't possible so we parked our car bu the road and walked a bit. but couldn't find anywhere to sit down.

 So decided to go back into the car. We visited a few different places. One was St Frances's cave church. It was awesome. It was situated in the middle of the mountain near the city. Apparently after his death, monks built church around it. We saw caves St Frances's mates lived. They lived very nice area.

 Surrounded by trees and river, waterfalls (when in season), and birds singing.... But I would imagine it was bitterly cold in the winter....


 the front gate to St Frances's cave. 
What an awesome platform to chill and do qi-gong!


 This is the where St Frances's cave is.
And, this photo shows that how much snow left in the mountain behind the city.

After this, we visited where Santuario S. Damiano. I liked there too. 

This is the front of the church/monastery. I saw two nuns standing and chatting about the building. I thought it was sweeet! This building looked like it had lots of extensions.

This statue was sitting along the path to the monastery from the car park. I loved how he meditating. Must be fantastic to chill out there. Oh, I saw another out of place thing. We saw three Japanese tourists (young lads, about mid 20's) visiting the monastery and taking photos. And one of them had a large designer shopping bag with him. Obviously, they just had shopping spree! Then went there to chill out from shopping.... nice thoughts! 8points!!!☺☺☺
Oh, there was pretty olive grow. We had our snack there. It was very peaceful.

I'd love to visit there again, and would love to stay in the Italian country cottage in Umbria. Cor, so many places I want to visit! I need to save up!!!! Starting......NOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment