Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hippy paradise La Gomera 18th-28th/March

Hooray, I couldn't wait for my spring holiday. this time, me and Marcus went to La Gomera again! I had such a fantastic time, I was really looking forward to this holiday.

This time we hired a car at the ferry port in Gomera. We flew from Stanstead air port to Tenarif. About 40-50mins from Tenariff ferry port. It arrived in San Sebastian.

When We got to the Tenarif, I realised... Weather forecast on Internet lied! It said average 21c, actually, more like 27c! Yes, When we got to Gomera, it was hot. Lovely. Getting some winter/spring sun on my back. Last year, it was a bit chilly, but this time, it was hot. I thought "shit, I might not have enough tops!" Well, I had enough clothes anyway. I packed to minimum.

 My goal this time was: to wear all clothes I was taking. Always ended up wearing the same clothes. I didn't want to carry a heavy bag. Me and him had back pack each, and we shared a suits case. It wasn't too bad for 10days. I even bought two dog towls(clean old towles people donate to our charity shop for pets. nothing wrong with them, just a bit worn out.) for beaches. It was brilliant idea, the end of our holiday, we chucked them in Tenarif.
 
Anyway, Marcus quickly qued up to Cicar counter to get our hire car at the ferry port.





 Then we were off to Valle Gran Ray!!!! Beautiful views. We across the mountains, looking down Vallie's, it was clear sky. Then suddenly clouds dropping in between trees in the forest. Changing energy and scenery all the time. beautiful. I loved every minutes of it. After a couple of hours driving, here we were, we arrived in the Valle Gran Ray.

I love the place. I saw lots of people there this year. I suppose, it was season then. I saw lots of hippies chilling out on the beach. Where we stayed this time was by the harbour.

Little apartment owned by Spanish family. Great thing was: they had Hippie land at the back of the house. The house contained 5 apartments and land lady's living dwellings downstairs. Her granny was very sweet, didn't know what she said, but kind of, understood every time.

 Anyway, this is the hippie land!

It looked good fun to live there. It had communal kitchen and dining area, 5 or 6 wooden shed and 1 brick shed. Maria( land lady) charged 35euro for a night for our apartment, we wondered how much she charged for those accommodations. Looked like there were always people staying there. When someone went, new hippy arrived. First a couple of nights, we stayed room 5 which was back room, room4(I think) was the best view to the harbour. Room 5's bed room was very close to the hippy land. They were quiet lot, didn't play loud music or anything. Very chilled out! Every morning, I saw someone was cleaning their kitchen floor, making cuppa for their mates, chatting, reminded me of  the camp out I used to go in Norfolk with frends. There was community. I wondered how long they usually stay/live there??? And how much?
 
Anyway, this is the view from our room4 balcony.

In the night time, we could hear some strange noise from the sky. We saw something... I thought it was a shooting star. It wasn't. It was birds flying round, they were kind of sea gulls. Apparently, they hang round on sea in the day time, night time, they start their party in the sky. They made such a funny noise. Wondered what they were doing up there! (I thought it was some cheeky kids messing round.)
 
Oh, I saw a huge shooting star under Olions on the second night. It was huge, it had a tail and looong too. It was second time for me to actually see such a big one! It was sooooo coooool!!!! We were lucky, the night sky was pretty much clear while we were there. A couple of nights, it was chilly, but rest of our stay in the Valle Gran Rey was quite pleasant. 
By the way, this is the security to our apartment. There was no lock from inside. And really dodgy!

Luckily, no one broke into our room and kill us while we were sleep. Apparently, crime rate in this island is very low. So, it was safe. It was basic apartment, but it had all we needed. A big fridge freezer, gas cooker, nice kitchen with view, clean bed room, bath room and hot water. Loved it! We even had a cat to visit us. And our new neighbour was lovely German lady who was travelling on her own and sounded a little hippy. She recommended to visit El Hero next time. Yes, that's the island we'd like to visit next.

No comments:

Post a Comment