Monday, May 14, 2012

Is this really May?


Cor, blimey..it's been really cold for May weather. Rain☂ and cloudy day almost every day. Well, if you live in England, it's not really a surprise. England is famous for funny rainy weather anyway. It reminds me of back in late 80's, when I just arrived in this country. It was cold and raining. But somehow I really loved it. Looked very romantic when I walked along the river Thames in rain with a cheap brolly on my hand. Watching people getting on and off from the back of double decker bus(old ones!), thinking "wow! I'm in London!"

Everything I saw, I was very excited. I used to hang out in the Kensington market and made some friends with people who used to work there. My first ears pierced were: the basement of the Ken market. Then I had a cup of milky cup of tea there. Around 5pm, I headed back to Turhnam Green where I used to stay with this English family. I didn't want to go home, because I got bullied there. It was really hard that I didn't speak English, wanted to talk to the family, but wasn't able to communicate. They thought I was unfriendly grumpy Japanese girl, perhaps.... In the end, they kicked me out, I had to leave the house on that weekend. I didn't have anywhere else to go.

Then, one of my Japanese friend introduced me to Tom and Sylvia in Boston Manor. I stayed with them rest of my stay in London. And got in touch with them till when I came to London 3 years later. They treated me really well, looked after me like one of their family members. As years went on, I lost in touch with Tom especially after Sylvia passed away with cancer. I miss her terribly. And, Tom. They were  one of the kindest and warmest people I'd met in my entire life.
 
I think that's one of reasons I do my best to keep in touch with some people. I don't want to regret thinking, "I wish I shoud've spent more time with her/him/them." These days I do ring my parents, and speak to them. Yes, I do miss my mum especially.  Next year, I would like to go to Japan to see them and my nephew and niece!
 
My mum knitted a cardigan and scarf. I gave the scarf to Marcus, he really liked it. Me with mums cardy, I really love it too. Lovely dark grey, and my favo colour too.
 
This is me, wearing the cardigan in the shop where I work(book shop side.)...
 


This side of our shop has books and Cd's, DVD, puzzles and stamps. The other side for clothes and some bric a bracs. I love the shop. It's like everyday- is -a -Christmas!☃
 
Anyway, it was the first time my mum knitted a cardigan for me. I'm going to treasure it. I won't sell it on the E-bay! Promise....!☺

No comments:

Post a Comment