Monday, May 7, 2012

Suffolk walks---magic woods & blue bells




Last Monday and today(7th/may/bank holiday), we had a bit sunshine ☀.

it's been raining all week, and cold! Apparently, coldest May in long time. Last Sat, me and Marcus were wondering If blue bells were coming up. I ordered sunshine for following Monday for us to see blue bells in the magic wood. Till then, it was raining really hard. There were floods everywhere in the country, the country road near Marcus's also had little flood. We wondered..."are they survived this weather??" ☹ Last year, we went to see them twice during the peak. It was unbelievably beautiful. I'd never ever seen so many blue bells in my entire life. We didn't want to miss it this year. So we went there. Here they were. they were everywhere. They survived this rain. Sooooo cute♥♥♥ and beautiful♥♥♥

 Before we went into the woods, a lady with muddy feet told us she saw some wild orchids. That got me really excited. Since that point, I was on the mission to find them.

Of course, I enjoyed every moment, everything I saw there. Everywhere I looked, there were full of blue bells. I loved the energy there. Although it was sunny day, there weren't too many people in the woods, very peaceful and quiet. We could hear lots of different birds were singing, we even heard our first cuckoo together, and we saw small yellow wood pecker too! Magic!


 
This weather ☂ made the woods really muddy. And little river in the woods were full last Monday. Today, it wasn't too bad. looked like the water already subsided. It's in the Essex and Suffolk border, I could hear little water fall, stream, and the sound of water made me very calm, actually I forgot about Ebay...(I wanted to bid on some bracelet...)

Well, I forget lots of things, to be honst when I'm in calm environment....It might be something to do my age...? ☺ No, I don't think so... it's always good to remember to be in the present.... ☺And, it wasn't very important, if it was, I would defo remember.

After walking everywhere in the woods, we finally found cute wild orchids. I'd never seen them before. They were much much tinier than ones we see in shops. I think I prefer these cute orchids. they were beautiful. ❀❀❀


 

This woods have also wild garlic by the little river. Smelt like Chinese/Japanese garlic chive. Every time I smelt the garlic, It reminds me of miso soup my mum used to make. It was called "nira(garlic chive) no miso shiru(miso soup)". My mum used to make it with cubed tofu.

Anyway, guess where those orchids were... There were just by the front entrance of the woods. I thought the lady said right hand side of the woods, Marcus heard left side of the woods. Oops, I was hearing it differently. They were in left hand side of the woods.

This is a wild orchids. Isn't it cute?


So as blue bells. They are cute too. Last year, we didn't see any rapeseed. I think bluebells came out late. I'm sure it was the middle of May. Or they just came out early this year?
 
When we went for walk today in the woods, it was sunny with a bit clouds to start off with. after walking for a while, I felt rain coming. So we headed back to the car. After 30mins or so, it started raining. Good timing! Then thought about two ladies and a blind guy who asked us direction to the woods. We wondered if they got wet... We were sure that trees kept them off the rain. ☂
 
I always forget the name of the woods. I need to ask Marcus again. It's not very big woods, but somehow can get lost in it.
 
This is me in the rapeseed field. I always wanted a photo like this. These flowers look pretty, smell of them are horrible though! ☹



No comments:

Post a Comment