Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Autumn Holiday in Japan: Yokohama China Town

17/Nov

In the morning I took train to see my friend, Kaz who I used to hang out in London. We used to share a knackered house on the Holloway Road with others, that was where we met. He had all sorts of music equipments and computers. I still remember we went to one of his gigs in Comden town. Now he makes his music with Iphone5!

In that house, there were Japanese, Algerians, Welsh, Irish, Eastern Europeans etc, it was very cosmopolitan. It was good old days!  (*^_^*)

It was lovely to meet him, hadn't seen each other since he left London, so, it was looooong time. We had lots to catch up, he's now happily married with a sweet daughter, his music and job...

He picked me up from JR Ichgaya station (市ヶ谷駅), drove to Yokohama (横浜). Cor, blimey, it was long time since I went there, used to go there often to eat good rustic granny's Chinese food. When we got there, I looked for the restaurant, it wasn't there anymore. Shame, granny used to cook good Taiwanese food, and it was good. Also, reasonable.

It was Sunday, after I sent off Marcus to Kyoto from Tokyo station, so, it was well after lunch time.
Yokohama china town was really busy  just as how I remembered on Sundays, not sure where we could go for lunch.

First of all, we stopped for tea and sweet things. We chatted about a few hours or so, then went out to find a place for noodles. He also showed me how to use his mobile internet device. I couldn't get in their wi-fi, so Kaz kindly lend me his contract mobile device. Pay about 20p a month, and rest , pay as you go contract. It had good connection too. It came really handy some point. 

Anyway, they are some photos from Yokohama. 

One of the gates to the China town


Very far Easterny shop!

My friend Kaz




About Kaz: http://soundcloud.com/kazmashino
                   Japanese Electronic music producer, spent 4 years in 
                   London in 90's
                   father of a girl, a husband, also a software engineer
try his music at: http://soundcloud.com/kazmashino
buy his music at: http://p.tl/8D4b
Twitter: kazmashino

No comments:

Post a Comment