Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Autumn Holiday in Japan (10th-24th Nov): Kuramadera, Kyoto (鞍馬寺,京都)



22/Nov

This mountain and temple were Marcus's favo place in Japan. He went there before, looooong time ago, when he was younger. He did 21 day fast and camped there. Sounds hippy doesn't it? He was a hippy and a bit crazie, but hey hoo, when I walked up into the mountain,  I could see the beauty of this mountain. It was magic. 

Before we went back to Tokyo, we popped up to Kuramayama (鞍馬山). Took eizan train (叡山電車) from demachiyanagi (出町柳). Cor blimey, lots of O.A.P were wearing their walking outfit, chatting away, heading to the mountain. What the most stood out was; quite often those old ladies had wrong sized backpacks. They looked really big and weren't fit to their back. C'mon, shop people, didn't you help to choose backpacks with them? According to my dad, because it was still new to them, they just like wearing the outfit. But, but, but, what if they got bad back? (⌒-⌒; )

Didn't take long time to get to Kurama. About 20mins or so. Even train journey there was very very nice indeed. View was awesome, went through beautiful tunnel of acer/maple  trees changing colours moreover I felt like I experienced Japan I used to know.





Now, we were heading into the magic mountain!



Kurama dera

Maou no taki (magic water fall)


Those cute dragons everywhere in this mountain!



Huge pine tree

This was only the beginning. We saw more magic!




Started seeing more and more trees in beautiful colours. Needed to go up more!






Beautiful, isn't it? On top of this magic mountain, more and more trees had red, yellow and oranges with some greens. It was gorgeous! It was like...I was fading away with them... 

Well, according to the guy who run/owned the guest house we stayed, this was "Rusta" colours. Gave me a big smile when I heard that. ☺☺☺o(^▽^)o

me doing qi-gong posture ☺☺☺

Blessing our raw chocolate♥ before demolishing



Magic spiral tree
Reminded me of La Gomera

Going down the mountain

Kurama Temple
Address: Kurama Honmachi, Saikyo-ku
               Kyoto, Japan
Phone: +81 75 741-2003
Entrance Fee: 200 Yen

No comments:

Post a Comment