Monday, March 30, 2015

Cambridge Walks---Wandlebury Country Park

18/Jan/2015



We hadn't had been to the Wandlebury for ages. So, we decided to visit there for a lovely walks. It's been a while since I wrote anything (again) and been really busy with work. I quite often I feel I really need to spend some time in a country side or do yoga, of course. I have regular practice with yoga but I also need to walk in a nature. 






This Wandlebury is really quaint and I didn't realise till that day, the long Roman footpath leads to a circular walks. We tried to go the Newmarket side, but we gave up due to really muddy footpath in front of us. I wasn't wearing my wellies, so we walked back to the other way; to Cambridge.


Beech Avenue leads to the Roman Road




We didn't walk to Cambridge, however we just walked along the foot path, then on the main road, then back to the Wandlebury front gate. Took us about 1.5 hour or maybe longer, we pottered a bit too. It was lovely walks, apart from going on to the road. 




Came out to the main road

Every time we (Me & Marcus/my partner) see this sign, we always says; "Me and You!" Yes I am the shorty one, he is the tall one....

Sign back to Wandlebury


Every time we go there, we see some families and kids, old couples, and young people enjoying walks or picnic. In summer, it's lovely there. Big grass open space with picnic benches, just lying on there watching clouds go by is my favourite activity. Somehow, feels very soft and magic, walking through the footpath really prove that. sometimes cows are grazing, curiously looking at me then, turn their head away as if they've had enough looking at my face...(not that pretty cow to look at for them maybe!)

I would love to do the whole footpath (these Roman footpath leads to Cambridge to Newmarket) when it's warmer and a bit more drier. At moment, here in England, weather has been a bit funny and wet and still makes me want to hibernate... 

Here's a little about the Wandlebury;

 "On the gentle Gog Magog Hill is situated just south of Cambridge. With 110 acres(40ha) of beautiful woodland and chalk grassland, the remains of a 5th century BC Iron age hill fort, short and long circular walks and some 8miles (12km) of footpaths. And managed by a small charity called Cambridge past, present & future. There are much to enjoy throughout the season. Snowdrops and conites in mid Jan to Feb, daffodils in March, wood violets, apple blossoms in April to early may... and more."

Apparently, there used to be a cafe to have some tea and cakes, but there isn't anymore. I've never seen it. Cambridge city is near by, we always pop in to the town and get some nice treats from the health food shop there. 

I defo recommend this country park for lovely chilled out walks and potter round.


CambridgePPF
Wandlebury Ring
Gog Magog Hills
Babraham
Cambridgeshire
CB22 3AE 
Website: www.cambridgeppf.org

office: phone...01223-243830 (mon-fri)
email: enquiries@cambridgeppf.org

No comments:

Post a Comment