Sunday, August 8, 2021

Suffolk Walk: Heather walk in Dunwich....again😍


 At the moment, it is really beautiful in Dunwich, not only in Dunwich Heath NT, but also in Dunwich forest / woods. Full of ferns, blooming with heathers, and lush with leaves on trees. 

We've been to Dunwich nealy everyday this week. I just can't get enough of heathers.  Simply beautiful, and breathtaking in panoramic views on the heath over the sea.

Some days were cloudy, like photo above, still, it doesn't look like Suffolk, could've been anywhere. But this shingle beach and sea kales ( and could be the colour of sky!) are the tel tel sign, it is in Suffolk😊. Suffolk sea looks really funny, when it's grey like this, sea looks brown-green colour. When I scoop the water out, it looks clear. I know, it reflects the colour of the sky, but Suffolk sea never looks like one in Devon/Cornwall...Why? It is in the same country. Is it also depend on how clear the water is? I need to ask master youtube and google😂Oh, my partner's mum lives in Scotland, sea there looks really beautiful too. No pollutions I guess. 





Sunny day at the heath😍Beautiful isn't it. I know I said this many times, but I am saying it again, I am so blessed being/ living here in this side of suffolk. 💕 If I'd lived in Scotland or North wales, I probably would say the same thing. " I am so blessed! and grateful for being here💖"

I like paddling in the sea. I don't really swim, Marcus does. I tried to swim in the sea, but I wasn't going anywhere. Currents always take me to where they want to go, so, I just go with the flow. 

Then, every now and then, Marcus says : " I'll get you a paddling pool in the patio" Me: " Paddling pool? I want a swimming pool!🤣" These are one of conversations we have which go really nowhere. Another conversation he likes to say to me is: " I'll get you a body board with sharks on it, they are £10 in Co-op🤣" and he laughs. Of course I always say; " I want a cool one!" Sounds like kids conversations, I guess, sometimes fun to be childlike and laugh. Yesterday we got stuck in the traffic jams in local T junction ( which is the only ONE with traffic lights, we live in a small town but with many houses, just like any other towns these days...) . We saw a jacuzzi in a shop. This reminded him of our no-going-anywhere conversation. Marcus says: " Jacuzzi......messy...." . Me: " who? message?"  Marcus repeats: " Jacuzzi.....messy...."  Me: " Who? Who massaged you? Who is Paul?" Marcus patiently repeats again: " JACUZZI gets MESSY doesn't it."  Me: " Oh, yes.." that was how this conversation ended. Yes, I have hard hearing, and honestly, what I heard was a bits of words. You know, when I realised you could actually hear the silence ( no sound) and someone told you, that was the time I felt something wasn't right. 🤓My hearing wasn't picking up some sound....One day Marcus said; " is everyone mumbling to you? " Of course, answer to that question was "YES😂" . I am not annoyed with my hearing, I know I enjoyed a bit too much clubbing/ loud music back in days ( when I was younger...🤓) Now, I am paying for it. 


Anyway, I was chilling out today at home, up & down to my flat and his, plus, I was a bit grumpy this morning. Whilst Marcus went out for his cycle ride to Dunwich ( again), I self practiced my yoga and potter round in my flat then lunch. Love being at home too, to enjoy " doing-not-very-much". I always think when I retire, what my life would be, and certainly my life would be like I am having now. Or even slower.... having say that, retired people are very busy, busier than I am and with social life which I don't have very much😎. I remember long time ago, one of my old         friend ( at that time) said to me; " I don't know what

to do with myself" I told her She would find plenty things to do, but she didn't listen. I don't know where she is, what she is doing now, but I hope she is doing well. 


Oh, yes, I now run a yoga class every Wednesday at the local village hall. Last week, I was asked to join ladies after our class at the village hall ( downstairs) for coffee morning ( first one this year due to Covid) . It was fun, loved listening to the conversations. This reminded me of being with ladies from Country market ( former WI market). Conversations were quite "local" and spoke about jams and allotment, about village hall, local area, and local museum. I just felt a part of the community. I moved here in March, and started feeling a bit more residents rather than a visitor. Looking forward to my classes this week.  💕


Now, dinner time here, I guess start cooking...☀️😊





No comments:

Post a Comment