Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Day 10: My little (?) walk..Shinjyuku Gyoen Garden

 21/2/2023



Today I met up with my friend and went to Shinjyuku Gyoen. I walked to Shinōtsuka Marunouchi line station ( underground), took me only 15-20 mins or so. I do love this line, it runs through centre of Tokyo, when it runs up to overground, it's a bit of sightseeing spots. I hadn't been on this for about 4 years and things changed a lot, especially Shinjyuku area. Anyway, managed to meet up with my friend ( a bit cold and windy, I waited for my friend downstairs rather than upstairs and missed him🤣)



It was only short walk to the main gate, paid 500 yen for entering fee. Already, I could see a few plum trees blossoming, looked very pretty. 


Once we were inside, it opened up to brown grass with trees, minimalistic zen-like open space. The garden was very neat and tidy, perfectly pruned trees everywhere. Soon we realised they were cherry blossom trees. So many of them and so many different kinds! We were saying, when they are in season, it will be so beautiful with pink petals! I was here long time ago in autumn time, and it was beautiful with ginko trees with yellow leaves. 





This garden has very modern building in backgrounds, contrast to how the garden is. Luckily it was sunny and warm ( although a bit chilly winds) with blue sky, pink petals really stood out. 





I thought it was one of old Syogun's garden, but it is run and owned by Ministry of environment. I didn't know this, I Googled last night to do my homework where I was going.  😊

I  loved pine trees and Zen minimalistic garden as well as Taiwanese house which sat peacefully inside the garden. I felt really peaceful and serene there. I would love to have a house like that with view of the garden! 😍





After our walk, we went for lunch. It was a franchise Indian restaurant near Metropolitan Government Building. I had mixed Japanese mushroom Curry and Naan. It was lovely, naan was huge, I couldn't eat all. Then more walk! We walked to Metropolitan Government Building, hoping we could go to top of the building for observation area. However unfortunately, it was closed. So we strolled to Shinjyuku station where we parted. 





I was so pleased to be able to see early blossoms ( Kanzakura 寒桜) and plum blossoms. I really thought I was going to miss them. For cherry blossoms ( Sakura) will be another a month or so to be full 🌸. 


Shinjyuku Gyoen: https://www.env.go.jp/garden/shinjukugyoen/english/index.html

Metropolitan Government Building: https://www.yokoso.metro.tokyo.lg.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment