Monday, February 13, 2023

Japan trip -- London HRT - HND 2023

12, 13/2/2023

Tokyo, here I come, I have arrived in Tokyo. It's been for a while since I last visited Japan ( my family), it was 2019, just before summer. I had  such a fun time here, attended lots of yoga classes, seeing my friends having yummy food and chats. Then when I came back o U.K, I got ill.... diagnosed with cancer, then Covid hit, lockdown etc, took another 3 years to see my parents.

When I arrived in Haneda airport ( Narita is miles away from Tokyo, Haneda is much closer to central Tokyo), with excitement and  feeling a bit nervous since long absent of long haul flight, I was really tired. Then we were asked to walk long way to get health check register with Covid vac passport. It was looooong walk! I had to stop and rest. Then, a staff kindly offered me a help, they ended up bringing me a wheelchair. I was pushed through ( short cut) into covid check room, very quickly processed my covid vac passport ( they were super impressed I had already 6 vaccines🤣) , then they asked me to wait for a staff from JAL ( I flew with BA operated by JAL) which took a while.......😊 When a staff turned up, she was very kind, polite and gentle, helped me all the way to customs and immigration. I was really grateful for this staff. All the staffs helped me there were very kind and helpful, I definitely recommend fly in to Haneda airport🤩

Actually, I wanted to disguise myself when I came out, see how long I could stand next to them without them noticing.... but my plan was not succeeded....never mind, maybe next time🤣


After the long wait, my parents who came with their friend ( who had a car) and I met. My parents' friend gave us a lift back home. By the time I got out the airport was dark, driving through Tokyo, on motorway, seeing lights from skyscrapers and blocks of flats... bridges had also lit up. Looked very pretty, but no greens, trees, or woods. Just building with lights on. What a different world, I thought...



This is 👆a tram runs trough outside my parents house, it runs to Waseda to Minowa, which I used to take it to go to school. It horns too, quite loud! Used to wake up early in the morning, let you know time to go to school🤣 Our doggo used to lie on the tram tracks and disrupted tram, she did that a couple of ties, glad she didn't get ( or us) fined or taken into a court😆 and kind drivers always stopped for her. My mum told my dog off and she stopped since. My childhood memory...



After dinner, had a bath then bed, woke up 2 am wide awake with jet lag, watching outside 👇, the city seemed falling asleep, very quiet. It was surreal, after 14 hours of flight, here I am  in Tokyo again, where I was brought up...my childhood...changed so much even since I was here last time. Nothing like how it was. Exciting to explore new places and walking round the town again...




Following day, my dad and I went out for a little walk in neighbourhoods, I wanted to find where yoga workshop for this Sunday, after a bit of walk with a map ( my brother printed out for me). We found it alright, then my dad said to me: "this place used to be a nursery school who used to rent out our 1st floor shop" Me: 😓 why he couldn't find it straight away? I thought... never mind, we found it in the end. then we walked down to find a vegan cafe, after walking well over 30mins, we gave up and back home. In the afternoon, I tried again, with correct address ( no wonder we couldn't find it, I had wrong address😂) here it was, I found it. Unfortunately, it was closed..... I was really looking forward to my oat latte... never mind. Next time! 😊

Tomorrow I am meeting up with my friends who i met in London years ago, having branch, looking forward to that. Taiwan tea and vegetable cafe, apparently. with good reputation! Can't wait.  


Side story; I ordered vegetarian meal for my flights. Here's what I got...

Veggie option Dinner



Veggie option breakfast


C'mon, BA, you can do better than this for veggies/ vegans, I thought. Curry for dinner was not too bad, but mostly consisted with fruits and salad. I would like a bit more variety on a tray, just like regular meals please... Bless her, one of staffs on my flight, she was very nice and polite, but she didn't seem to know there was difference between vegan and vegetarian. She didn't give me cheese cake 'bun' and a tub of ice cream...But I thought that was fine, because I wanted to cut down on wheat and sugar anyway. Hope veggie meal option will be improved in the future ( especially for breakfast!) ....😆 I did enjoy a bit of curry for dinner and all me fruits❤️ though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment