Saturday, February 18, 2023

Day 6 : Rikugi-en garden, Komagome-ku

 17/2/'23

Part Two!



After our lunch and coffee ( I had a glass of oced tea) in really vintage cafe in Ikebukuro. They had a bakerly down stairs, cafe was on the 9th floor. Cor, when I stepped out, it was like...tme tripped into 70/80's. Really old decor, vintage looking fake sample display food, 80's wallpaper, yellow ceiling....It really reminded me of when I was grwoing up. Grumpy old guy took our order and served us. 

I oredered iced tea and it came with plastic straw and a little jug of sugar syrup! I was really surprisd to see being my tea served like tha, very 80's/70's. My friend had a bottle of Kirin beer. I could still taste in my mouth. I didn't even thought of drinking it, just remembered me used to drink. 



Anyway, after this, my mate asked me if I anted to go to Rikugi-En ( Japanese garden in Komagome station on Yamanote Line) He wanted to take some photos. So I said yes, I do like the garden I used to go there often when I was growing up. Only a few stations away from Ikebukuro. 

When we arrived, we walked around a corner to get into from side entrance. A bit of walk for me, along the main road. But, as always, worth the walk. It was beautiful. Kinda surprise, such a beautiful, peaceful garden in the middle of busy part of Tokyo. Today, there weren't many tourists, seemed like locals were there. 




It was 300 yen for an adult charge. It's not very big garden, just right size to chill out and looking round. It was buit for 5th Tokugawa Syogun in Edo period. More history, link below. Although there weren't fillend with any autumn colours or spring bloosom colours, still it was beautiful with shaped Matsunoki/ pine tree (?) 




There were little early blossom flowers, I would assume they were plums. Cute😍





Later, my friend asked me If I wanted to visit Shinjoku Gyoen which is another famous beautiful garden in Tokyo. really looking forward to this. These days, I don't get out from my local neighbourhood , so it would be lovely to visit the garden. 





Friend of my friend just has starting his touring company in Hawaii, Honolulu based. My mate is going to help him and getting business grow together. They are touring company, to Japan. If you would like to visit Japan, worth contacting them Full English speaking guides and show you round not only popular sightseeing spots in japan and restaurants but also hidden gems and gorgeous places to eat with very reasonable price. They can also suggest you where to stay with good price and service. Make Japan trip special and unique. 🤩 Link below!



Related links: 

EightDays dining: https://gurunavi.com/en/gg97700/rst/?__ngt__=TT13e22b3da005ac1e4a59edQ7jnBwvgEMZWp6bdJkxpNy
(2 chome, Otsuka, Toshima-ku, Tokyo)

Rikugi-En Garden: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3026.html
(Komagome, Bunkyou-Ku)

ResponderJapna: https://www.responderjapan.com/?fbclid=IwAR1tqjBnIM0w1gZqeLPIw-EDPoLThCVCmKakIINTkLL4gD2HGtmcWEzJtbE
(Honolulu based)

No comments:

Post a Comment