Monday, August 29, 2011

Suffolk walks---mini camping weekend (19-21/Aug)

I really wanted to go for camping either this weekend or next weekend. Everywhere was already booked up, wild camping isn't really allowed in this country.... Where can we go???? Then, Marylin ( Marcus's mum) offered us her garden!!! Thank you! I didn't care by then where we went. As long as there was a view and somewhere to tent out.  Marcus came round mine on Fri arvo.... We camped out only one night. But it was fun. We went off Marylin's on sat morning. From Bury St Edmunds to Marylin's only takes about less thank 1hour. So we took scenic route. On our way, we stopped at Owl sanctuary called Stonham Barns. We had good look at funny but cute owls. I didn't like them in cages, but at least they were safe and lot of them were extinction in wild. And I loved the fact that they were middle of building owl hospital. I'd never seen such many owls in one place. I saw once when I was on my way back from Sudbury to Bury on the bus. there was a cute whitish brown owl sitting on the tree brunch looking at me. I was very excited! It was cool moment to have eye contact with an owl! Doesn't happen everyday! Anyway, We got to Marylin's before lunch time. We had a cuppa ( English people love cups of tea) then we went shopping to Hadleigh in rain. There was a awesome health food shop! Loved it! They have lovely foods and serve coffee and cakes too.  We also went Southwold for little walk. Here's Marylin and Marcus on the pier.
I'm not quit sure what he's doing on this photo. Is he reiki-ing her? or trying to push her????? Who knows... Southwold is very pretty beach on Suffolk coast. Very English, lots of lovely shops, and beautiful coast line.
 Shame it was grey☂. But on sunny day, Southwold looks much much prettier.♥
Then we went back home and had cuppa, off to Waitrose!!! Love the shop too. Anyway, when we came back from all shopping, we tented in Marylin's garden. Of course, after a cup of tea. I don't mind really, having lots of cuppa, we, Japanese, have lots of them all day anyway. This is my little two man tent:
Had lovely view and trees too. Marylin's garden was pretty also very tidy. I could tell it was well looked after. Apples on the trees looked yummy.
After dinner, we sat in the garden having cuppa watching stars. We saw lots of shooting stars. there were beautiful. It was even more excited me when i saw shooting stars at the same time as either Marylin or Marcus. Because they went so fast, I often missed little ones especially.

 I was hoping to see some/a UFO but it wasn't the night for them to appear..... or maybe there was... we didn't know b'cause time was stopped......Who knows.

 On the following day, me and Marcus went to Minsmere Nature Reserve (RSPB). It was situated on Suffolk coast near Dunwich. I'd never been there before. It was awesome! It was massive place, and there was old ruins too.

 What I wasn't happy about was that there was Sizewell nuclear power station at the end of it! They always have to build a power station in the nicest and beautiful area. Same happened in Japan. Do we really need them??? Answer is simple, NOOOO!!!!!

 Anyway, we walked to the beach, and fell asleep. It was very pleasant day. Saw lots of birds and people with big big cameras and binoculars/telescope??
Found pretty flower on the stony beach. Amazing even harsh environment like this, this pretty flower still can survive. 
Oh, this is the Sizewell nuclear power station.
See, they just want to ruin it, don't they?????????????????  Oh, there was a pretty church with cool unique gate near Marylin's house.
Very old and love the shape! Looks a bit mushroom doesn't it? And almost as if a hobbit was guanna come out!!! On our way back to Bury, We popped into Leiston abbey. It used to be in the Minsmere but moved to there looooooong time ago........Felt haunted! Apparently, it is haunted!!!

My curiosity says "I want to stay in this building!!!" Maybe one day, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment