Saturday, August 6, 2011

Suffolk walks---poodle weekend 22-25/july


I love poodle weekend. It was my second time spending time with poodles for whole weekend (first one was last summer). How did i get there? Well, Marcus sometimes gets this job......"house and poodle sitting".

  The house he house sits is in border of Suffolk and Essex, very pretty country side village. There are quiet woods, very old English houses and untold fields and cows.

 Also in the village, there's a pond where loads of massive fish and hungry ducks live. They can hear when people park their car just in front of it, and come closer to the edges, open their mouth and waiting to get fed. Those fish sometimes get quite aggressive to hungry ducks, they fight for bread! Poor ducks, they back off!

 Anyway, those poodles names are: naughty Tess and cheeky Coco. they are cute. Tess especially, is very naughty, she picks on little coco and corner her under chairs. Not sure sometimes what those dogs were thinking. I could guess when they wanted dinner and walk. It was fun just watching them. Tess walks funny. I suppose due to her long legs, watching her walk from back, her legs bend in the middle but outward. Marcus mentioned that too. Coco's face is funny too. when I first time met her, I said  to myself,  " I've never seen such funny face!" 
This is naughty Tess. she's like naughty teenager...☺
This is Coco. actually, She's very cute in this photo♥
 
We took them for walks near by fields and woods. Went through broad bean fields (which never got picked, apparently, they all get burnt to make better soil...) and passed through some wild blackberry bushes and cherry trees. Then... reached to one of fields with cows.

 We also walked them around the village, again went through another fields and some on road. We did this twice a day. When I looked at them, they were knackered. But when we got home, of course, Tess especially had some more energy left chasing us around in the house.

They were funny. They told us they wanted to go out to the garden, but when we opened the back door, they didn't wanna go out! They went back to sit on sofa in TV room...
 
On second day, We drove round the area, went to raspberry picking. There were rows of rows of raspberry bushes. They also did: strawberry, broad beans,  red currents and gooseberry. Those rasberries were delicious. 3 or 4 different kinds to pick from...
This is me picking raspberries.
We got 2 punnets. We both possibly ate (while we were picking) another punnet each. After picking, I felt sooooo full, I couldn't eat anymore. I'd never had so many raspberries(in one time) in my life. It was fun. This was what we picked.
On Sunday evening, sunset was very pretty. It was beautiful orange and then, as it got dark, it became purple and dark pink...

It was advantage being in the country to watch such beautiful sunset in the massive sky. I remember when I was a child, sun always set between tall sky scrapers. I never thought sky was huge and open.
On our last day, Marcus showed me a wasp nest up in loft in shed( they have old stable using as shed in the front garden).It was disused one. They didn't live there anymore. So it was empty. It was huge!!!
Oh, I forget to google how wasps make their nests... I think I'll do that when I get off this blog.....
 
Last, these are us having fun with kids bike found next to the front door.................

No comments:

Post a Comment