Monday, August 29, 2011

Sufflok walks---August bank holiday weekend (26-29/Aug)

After our canoe-ing trip on river Stour, we went to Alresford creek near Wivenhoe.

 Again, I wasn't dressed for this occasion... needed to wear wellies! We drove through Wivenhoe. From where we parked his car(not sure where we started to walk from...) to the Creek was bit of a walk.

 There were untold number of blackberry bushes....unfortunately, lots of them were already mouldy..... and I ate few of them, they were watery and tasteless.... Marcus told me they were the best blackberries around, but not this year.

 Due to funny weather, they haven't been doing very well. So, I was expecting samphire to be better picking..... We had lovely walk to the creek. It was a bit rainy, still, scenery was beautiful.
It was magic, we saw two white horses on this field...nothing else...and sun just came out from between clouds. Then we saw this tree:
This is me inside the tree. Huge inside and looked like it was hit and burnt with lightening. It was completely burnt out inside. Amazing thing was; this tree still fresh young leaves growing on some branches. 
We walked passed here into woods, then energy changed. It was dark and wet woods. Through the woods, there, we came out to another walk path. It was pretty green path.
Because it was wet, greens smelt very fresh. On the side of the path, there was way in to the Creek. Then I saw samphire everywhere!!!! But I had to be careful walking on the ground. It was very wet and muddy. Here's me picking some samphire. 
And, this is how much me and Marcus picked for our dinner! Yipppeeeeee! Freshly picked samphire and free!







No comments:

Post a Comment