Thursday, September 22, 2011

Puig de Maria, Pollensa in Mallorca

Puig de maria was built in around 1300, it's got nice history as well as dark history. Still, beautiful and peaceful place. We saw lots of local people walk up and down in mornings and evenings. I saw same people twice a day, some had their dogs with them, some were walking up and running down! Cor, blimey, they do that every day??? They did look fit and healthy.

 It was typical tourist mistake to go up and down the church opposite to Puig(but we had limited amount of time). There's a church which was built en line to the Puig down in the Polensa, there were 365 steps to the top. Walking up 365 steps in the hot sun was a killer!

Last year we walked up to this church, I wasn't even feeling tired! It was nicely warm, I was even wearing my hoodie! This is the view from the church looking out to the Puig.


I love the houses along the stairs. I think lots of them are for holiday let. I always wonder how they carry their weekly shopping?


This is me with huge plant in someone's front garden. Very tropical!


There were some lovely cafes down the square. Love their coffee culture. Sitting outside having coffee/juice/tea/water and chat all day.

 Also I loved local people meet up, walk up the Puig and have a coffee/tea with the view. Both young and older generations. These are inside the Puig.


Kitchen/diner with big fire. Stone sink on the right is very old and soooo cool, I want one!!! ☺


Massive stone hall with the well. It's drinkable. The end of the hall, there's a bed room(single) too. I never stayed, I like upstairs rooms.


I took this photo from the hall way door. They display old artefacts on right side.


This is the top of the stairs. Wooden glass door is the front door. There's a restaurant and bar/reception, stairs to first floor are situated in the end of this.
This is the cute church.

It changes, but  generally, has lovely energy in this church.



My bed room. I stayed in this room before. Love the stone wall with the fab view. I could see the moon reflecting on the sea, and it was bright too! Unfortunately, I didn't see any UFOs but Sam said he saw awesome shooting star! Ooooh, I missed it!!! Gutted...☹ Neva mind. Next time!

 Accommodation was very basic, but I had a bed, a toilet next to my bed room, warm shower and wonderful view! What more do I need??? I don't really like sleeping outside rooms, but I don't mind where Luke stayed. Looked cosy. Maybe I'll ask Cati for next time???

No comments:

Post a Comment