Thursday, September 22, 2011

Qi-Gong boot camp 14/sep-19/sep

Hoooray! I had fantastic time in Mallorca with my friends from Qi-Gong group. I really thought it was going to be lots of free time, lying on the beach and eating ice creams..... No, No, No! It was like boot camp, but in a fun and chilling way. And loved it. We learnt lots and lots, one point, i really thought my head was going to explode!!! (but didn't , I'm still here☺) People who I was travelling with.... Andy, Luke, Rachel and Sam... they all were very easy going, chilled and fun to be with. We laughed lots. Especially, when Luke farted, it was soooooo stink every time(from meat he was eating...), we just laughed. Anyway, we got in Polensa smoothly around 6pm, we had cuppa then went up with some veg and fruits from green grocers near by. they sell fantastic sun dried tomatoes. (they were very expensive, but worth it!) every evening, we had our dinner in the communal kitchen/diner in the monastery. Sometimes, felt a bit spooky, due to the age of the place. It was cool to eat in and spend time there. We were tired and getting late, so just had our dinner and went to bed. every morning, we got up(except one morning, they didn't come down.) 6.30am, went to our dojo(my favo place in the Puig), then Qi-Gong with sunrise. Beautiful. On second day, we were given so much information and to do, I got a bit grumpy in the afternoon...... but by the evening, I was o.k, and we did some more Qi-Gong. Rest of our stay, I enjoyed and maintained my motivation to learn, I didn't want it to end... Learning something I'm  passionate about makes me forget all my worries and it's stress relief, also, I feel content every time. Same as cooking,  feeling peace....
This is our dojo. View from there was fantastic!
Blue sky, clear blue sea, hot sun and lots of mountain. Beautiful!
With sun rise. Sun came up from one of mountains in front of us. Doing Qi-Gong with sun rise was very relaxing and energizing... (although 3am is the best time to do Qi-Gong) On our 3rd day, we went to Port de Polensa for beach and food shopping. Luke, Rachel and Sam had good swim. I didn't to go into the sea, although sea was very calm, I don't really like open beach. So I stayed with Andy in the pretty restaurant( I asked him lots of questions!!!!☺). It had big fig tree in the front garden, and looked very pretty.
They also had traditional fire place inside. I would like to be there when the fire is on. Looks cool!
The waiting staff there was very friendly, she asked me where I came from, she thought I was Vietnamese. She had Vietnamese dad, and lovely smile on her face. We bumped into her on Sunday in the Polensa market. She remembered me!!! ☺ Oh, bottom of the Puig, there were a few farm yards with fig trees and carob trees. In one of yards, we saw cute goats babies with their parents. They looked happy and peaceful.
The little goat looked very curious towards my Tiggerpooh, actually came and sniffed him!!! Arrr, bless♥ On sat(17th) we stayed all day at the Puig. I always wanted to do that. We were busy all day writing theory onto our notebook. Actually, time run out for that. We still haven't finished! Neva mind, I got something to look forward to for the future anyway! On Sunday, we went to Cala St Vicente for swim and more Qi-Gong. But ended up not doing Qi-Gong but writing in a restaurant with our coffee/water/tea. It was a bit cloudy. We swam in the clear blue water and had laugh and more laugh.
We were on this platform with some steps to the water. We were jumping off to the sea. Luke did it. Me and Sam jumped from the lowest platform.

Then this Spanish family turned up with 3 young kids. One of them and dad had swimming shorts on. After a few jumps from lower plat form, this young kid(looked about only 6 or 7years old) jumped from the highest platform without hesitation!!! It took me about 5 mins (or more) to jump off the lowest one!!! I clapped my hands. Dad looked shitting himself, now he had to do it(didn't have to, but he did).

 I love the communication when I meet local people even though I don't speak their language, I can feel warmth and sometimes I can guess( and good ones!) what they are saying.

 Like on Friday night we had B.B.Q outside. About 10pm, one of caretakers/cooks/receptionists/everything was going around on Puig to lock up some doors, he found us B.B.Qing and told us not to do it. I guessed that was what he was saying due to health and safety(fire regulations, there was no rains in Mallorca for months and climate was very dry, I don't think they have health and safety regulations, not like ones in U.K).

 So we put out the fire and made another one inside. Later Andy told me that was what they told us. I did apologised Cati( only lady who can speak English), she was very nice and smiled. Well, they said there was no rain for months! later afternoon on Sunday, started pouring down! We spend some time in a restaurant by the beach, did some more writing.

When it stopped, we took a bus back to Polensa. We ate out that nite. Everyone had either veggie or regular paella, I had some Mallorcan dish. We walked up Puig in rain...we all got absolutely soaked. I never, never got soaked like that before. It wasn't too cold either. When we got upstairs(Puig), we had shower and went to bed. It was fun anyway. I don't get experience like that often. It's good to go somewhere like the Puig to have quiet time and do some excise(up and down the Puig) and refresh mind and chilled.

 Look forward to next one! Oh, these are the Puig!


Puig de Maria is standing top of the mountain in the middle. It's not very high mountain, but path is very steep, my back of legs and hips had muscle pain all the way! ☺ It's working!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment