Friday, September 30, 2011

25th/sunday, London

Marcus and I went to London to see my friends Damon and his boyfriend(please see my other blog). They came from Australia, and stayed in London for a few weeks.

 Following day, they departed to Brussels, then France.

 We met up in the best patisserie in Soho( I believe). So, We had a little time to hang about in West London. We went to Covent Garden, Soho, and I showed him one of restaurants I used to work.

 London was busy, even Sunday, there were lots of tourists in Covent Garden. It reminded me when I first went there. I was 18years old, first house I was staying with this English family wasn't nice, I got bullied by the daughter and mum. Anyway, I didn't wanna stay there, so I used to meet up with my Japanese friends and went to either Covent Garden or Camden Town.

I always loved markets, that was one of reasons why I wanted to go to London. To see all famous markets. and it was worth it!

 Anyway, I left the family (in Turnham green) after 2½month. One of my friends introduced me to Tom and Sylvia in Boston Manor. They were lovely People. They looked after me very well. I still love them dearly, but unfortunately, they both passed away. I miss them very much till this day.

 So, I was in Covent Garden all the time, I thought I knew the area inside out. But no, no, no. Marcus took me to this church, right behind the place!!!!! I was there very often for public toilet! It was there all the time.

The church was called St. Paul's church. It had court yard to the front door which surrounded by buildings. It was in the middle of West End, it was quiet and peaceful. The church was nice but what I really liked about was; there was little pass way to the outside road.

 I loved standing there, watching a man getting on a black cab, cyclists, tourists walking pass, or a man just standing there.

 I loved it because I felt there was different time going on from where I was standing. The other side of the alley way looked different world and time was moving really fast. Then I remembered, I used to walk in the city day or night, I used to find little alley ways and walk passes.

 My friend who lived in Clerkenwell, used to take me to a little pub in the middle of all those tall buddings, walking through a couple of alleyways, or even we found a church standing quietly in the middle of busy city. I wouldn't mind to go back and walk again to re-discover the area.
London has lots of lots of little tunnel(?) like this. Did Jack the Ripper killed many of his victims in dark alley ways...........??????

No comments:

Post a Comment