Thursday, October 13, 2011

Beach and Walk...L'Escalet and Gigaro

After Qi-Gong and our brekkie we set off to the beach in L'Escalet. We walked about 30-40mins from there to Cap Taillait. It had 2 beaches on both side. We chilled there.

 On our way there, we found some cool places(platforms) to chill(on rocks), but they were all taken.

When I got home, I found 8 mozzie bites! Even When I went to Mallorca, I managed to stay off from them, now, they got me... Very itchy. Luckily, we had some insect repellent and cream from (mad and kind) English lady next door.

So, next couple of days till I bought Tegarome oil(essential oil with herbs and lavenders) from the health food shop in the village, we creamed ourselves every day.

 On Wednesday, we drove down to Gigaro for beach and walks. Marcus said, "let's go for a little walk before going down to the beach." So, we parked the car, and started walking.

Walk was amazing, into the Cap Lardier National Park. Again, French do this very well, marvellous sign post, beautiful foot path along the coast with fantastic views.

We ended up walking 4 hours in hot weather. I got a bit grumpy. In my head, thinking, "he told me it would be a little walk, it's not little walk...I'm hungry!" Ah, sometimes I like me being grumpy, it's funny. It's not funny at the time, but after a few hours, look back,  my "grumpiness", oh, dear, sounds like a child, Norie!!!!!


This is L' Escalet, we were walking towards path to Cap Taillait.



This is French walking sign post. Very informative!!!!


And, there were lots of different paths to explore!

Found some cool  trees.

very nice foot path


This was why we walked.  The VIEW!!!! I think I stopped being grumpy by that time. We took photos there on top of some really old fort (now ruin). We saw Cap Taillait behind us. Every time when I see beautiful views, always make me forget I'm grumpy. (I'm not always grumpy though. Only sometimes........☺) I think I took over this from my dad. But more like sulking......

Anyway, after looking at beautiful view, we walked back to the beach in Gigaro and had swim and sunbathing!!!! My favo activities!!!
We loved L'Escalet so much, we went back there Friday and Saturday also. On Thursday, we chilled on one of awesome rocks. We did Qi-Gong there.

On Friday, We went for long walk. this, I was expecting it to be loooong, so, I didn't get grumpy and hungry! hooray. Tell you more later.



This is me doing Qi-Gong on the rock. Marcus loved doing Qi-Gong there too. Magic!



No comments:

Post a Comment