Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chestnut village and the forest-Collobrieres


On Thursday, we went to Chestnut forest and the village. Marcus had this idea to find chestnut forest. He didn't know exactly where, but had map, so went out to explore. We found the village. 
I think this is how I imagined country French village. It was very very pretty♥ and rustic.
Very old 13th century church.

After visiting the village, we set off to the forest. And to the Monastere de la verne. It was huge! and surrounded by untold numbers of wild chestnuts trees. Of course, we were scrumping the chestnuts. They were yummy. 
It was €6 to get into the monastery. I especially loved one of basement(?) stone chapel. Energy there was soooo cool. Really spiral!

 Amazing monastery, and very simple, very tastefully restored. I could feel almost as if it was exactly like that years and years ago.

 Apparently, Marcus told me lots of lay lines were crossed there. No wonder felt really spiral down there and had different energy in each churches. Oh, only photo I took was this inside the monastery. Taking photos were prohibited.
This is hand basin in the toilet(for tourists) there. I thought it was cool.

 lovely chestnut trees!

 Next time we want to stay in the village for a few days......

No comments:

Post a Comment