Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mini Holiday--Avebury, West Kennet Long Barrow

I loved it sooooooo much, we went there in the night time too. I fell in love with the place, I just couldn't get enough of it. Thing is, I have been thinking about it quite a bit since we came back. It just gives me the same feeling as I feel towards La Gomera and Pellion. 

You know what, this barrow was used as burial, but I didn't feel that way even the night time we visited and sat in the pitch dark in one of rooms. Marcus sat in the main room, I sat in the one of side rooms with a flat rock on the ground. It had such a lovely energy even in the night time. After sitting there for a while, went back up again and lying on the top and watched stars.

Here's some photos from West Kennet Long Barrow.








Just down the road from the barrow, there was yet another magic place where spring water source was. It was a bit of a hike to get there due to the rain, field we wanted to across was really wet and flooded. So, we had to walk round a bit, we managed to get there in the end.


lovely tree


Took my socks and wellies off, walked in the chilled water

Source, very nice water  and chalky


Apparently, this tree in the photos, used to have all sorts of things hanging, like crystals and some personal things. One day, they all disappeared... I would love to see those hippy things hanging on the tree, sounds really lovely. I didn't understand why there was actually someone taking them off. In Japan, we do that too. We write our wish or goals in life, future hope for family and friends, and hang them (tie) on trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment