Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mini Holiday in Winchester 8/March

Beautiful blossom flowers


Winchester.... I'd never been there. One of Marcus's clients/friends had a house to rent there and it's been empty for a while. She said we could go there and stay for a weekend.... So, he planned our weekend getaway to the county. I can't afford to go to La Gomera (sadly...) or Greece for our big holidays yet, I need to work hard and earn some more money! Still, it doesn't stop us going on mini holidays. I love visiting different part of the country(England) anyway, there are soooooo many places I haven't been, so, excited wherever I go.

Of course, first time I heard of Winchester, apart from there was an castle called Winchester Castle I watched on Haunted Earth on YouTube. I watched it, and really excited (I love paranormal programs and especially good documentaries like Haunted Earth and Huffparanormal etc). I wasn't that much interested in the Winchester Cathedral, but it was place to go and it was close to where we stayed.

We left Suffolk really early on Saturday morning, it took us approx 3.5 hours. It wasn't too bad. I was awake and excited all the way. 

When we got there, the house was situated in just outside of town, tucked away, really cute. and I noticed houses there looked quaky and posh. It had a similar energy to Cambridge. I realised there was an Uni there. 

Winchester was really nice, water everywhere. Really cooling and calming considering quite busy city. 
Due to recent rain, looked like lots of houses along the river got flooded. Some shops were still closed. 

It also had a cute market, different from one in Bury St Edmunds. They had some hand crafts stalls along with veggie stalls where I bought some fruits from.

Winchester cathedral was huge, made me think how much man power and money to built and how rich those people were. What happened to poor people or sick people that time? Did they help them? Couldn't they spend the money to help more people? Questions, questions......







 
Huge!







Me, lying on spare empty bed


According to Haunted Earth on YouTube, Winchester castle (now ruins) was haunted. Of course I wanted to go in and walk. When we got there, it was closed!!!! Gutted. Looked very atmospheric and awesome on YouTube....

The castle was over the gate behind the trees...


So, we just walked round the town and up to one of hills. Really enjoyed walks. Oh, there was a mill on the high street, run by the National Trust. we wanted to get in there (of course!), but it was closed (the mill was, shop was open). Never mind, water was full to the top, and more I watched river flowing, more I wanted put my feet in, so, I put my hands in the water and it was really cold.





In the night time, we went out for another stroll into the cathedral (just outside). I do like night time walks. Discover and feel different energy from day time. 



Cute dogs

Old House now restaurant


Following morning, we put the house key through next door letter box, and drove off to next place...where Marcus kept secret from me, supposed to be a surprise. Wondered where he was taking me......

No comments:

Post a Comment