Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mini Holiday In Avebury---9&10/March

Beautiful day! 


Avebury! I always wanted to go there since Marcus told me how magic the place was. And I'd been watching on youtube about Avebury for a couple of days prior to our getaway. I didn't know, of course, Marcus was planning to take me there. Funny enough, I was talking about it that week.

We drove from Winchester, didn't take long time. I don't drive, so, I'm not sure which road to take to get there. Apparently,directions he printed out from the web took us to completely different place, so he decided to drive his way.

Can't tell you how excited I was, when I saw a huge mound on my right hand side. I had to ask him to stop the car and took a photo. To be honest, I'd never seen anything like it. It was an awesome sight.

We had some time till our check in time, so, parked the car on the beside the road, started to walk through the stone path. it was amazing and couldn't comprehend how old they were and still standing. Thanks to the National Trust and English heritage for these conservations, we can still walk and touch these amazing stones.








This tree attracts many people..very kind tree!


I touched and hugged many times (as you do) and lots of them. Just amazing, and felt so warm, made me feel dizzy time to time. When we got to the stone circles, we walked round a bit till our check in time. We drove to East Kennet where our B & B was. We had a room with self contained kitchen.

In the afternoon, we drove back to the circle for more walks and visited West Kennet Long Barrow. Wow, it was amazing and fascinating. Everything there was magic.

Huge! One of stones on West Kennet Long Barrow


Sunset from the circle was amazing too. There were loads of mounds and circles, I imagined how many of them were when those were constructed. It must've been an awesome site and how spiritual at the same time...

They were 5000 years old, older than stone henge (I still haven't been there. I haven't been to Glastonbury...there, next!) or pyramid.

I was told how primitive ancient people were when I was school. But when I saw those stone circles, mounds and ancient buildings with my own eyes, I felt how advanced those people were. No one knows how they built them with heavy huge stones. If they were really simple and primitive, everyone could work out how they did it, couldn't they? I really don't believe they built with just man power and logs etc. Their technology was far more superior than ours...



Beautiful sunset


Anyway, they knew exactly what they were doing, didn't they! Amazing, amazing, amazing place.....

No comments:

Post a Comment