Sunday, November 14, 2021

Suffolk Walk: Fungi Wonderland

 

Fungi Wonderland: Suffolk

Autumn, autumn, autumn... I love the season, do you? In fact, I love all seasons. 😆 Every season, I say, I love summer! I love spring! I love winter! and now, I love autumn! 

When I walk into the forest/ woods, I see the forest beaming with life, from forest bed to top of trees. Amazing colours on trees, even one tree, producing 5 or 6 different colours: dark green, light green, mossy green, lime green, yellow, lime yellow, orange, gold, red etc. 

Yesterday, we visited RSPB Minsmere, as we drove in, I saw trees on the both side of the road, it was breathtaking. Amazing colours, the energy from these trees! Leaves on trees danced every time wind came, showing different shades of colours again. On the forest bed, soft, brown leaves on the ground, I could smell as we walked into the forest. Smell of leaves, earth and trees....maybe fungi? 

I can stay in a forest all day😊 and watch trees and feel wind and crisp air on my skin, then close my eyes to really connect the nature.  What is it like to be in the earth/soil and come up to the surface of the earth? What is it like to be a mushroom? These were kind of thing I was thinking as we walk inside Minsmere😆 We are all nature and part of it, almost as if I am coming home when I go to forests or woods and even sea. I feel sometimes, this modern life we have, more we have more we forget we are actually nature and we are part of this earth. Anyway, here're some fungi photos from a few of our walks 🍄 What a beauties!

















Fascinating fungi! Of course, first top 2 mushrooms ended up in our dinner plates🤣 Parasol mushroom and amethyst deceiver. Yum Yum. As for fly agaric, I usually cook in plenty water for 15 mins, then change water, boil again for 15 mins. then cook. I sometimes coat with lightly seasoned gram flour ( my partner is GF) with  then fry them in a pan. They do look like chicken strips. They are quite moorish😆, I can't stop eating them, I usually cook 2-3 medium sized fly agaric. Rest of them this year, I dried them in my dehydrator for later use ( in a kilner jar!). I sometimes cook 40 mins in total to make sure they are ok to eat. I am not into go "on trip" anymore, so need to be careful. It does give you nice sleep. I always feel " I slept well" after eating wild mushrooms from forests. 😇 

But please don't pick anything you don't know or not sure. I don't. If I am not sure or in doubt, I always leave them. Just not worth risking my life. Life is precious, I learnt that since I got cancer and going through treatments etc. 


Anyway, 

Thanks for reading my blog today. 😊 

No comments:

Post a Comment