Sunday, November 14, 2021

Suffolk walk: Suffolk Punch, Suffolk

 


10/10/21

It was beautiful autumn Sunday, Marcus wanted to do a little different. He didn't tell me where we were going until we got there; Suffolk Punch ( https://www.thesuffolkpunchtrust.co.uk/ ) It's a animal charity place in Suffolk coast. Also it is situated near a prison. ( Hollesley Bay Prison)

When I used to work in RSPCA shop long time ago, we had a lady from Suffolk Punch who came to our local area to give us some talk on what they do, rescuing horses, how to contact, what to do etc, thought it was very interesting lecture. since then,  Suffolk punch was in my mind. And every time we drove passed and saw sign, I was very curious. That weekend, I visited the trust and met some animals who were looked after there.

Beautiful horses they had in their field, and saw a cheeky little pony teasing a huge male horse ( I would imagine this huge horse was working horse), and he wanted to close to the little pony. But it seemed like the pony make some sound, then the male horse got excited ( something between back leg started growing long, never seen it before, I was shocked and laughed so loud 😅), then this little pony walked off, they were doing that for ages. 

other beautiful horses were getting fed, brushed and cleaned where they were. I thought it looked very hard work working these animals, but I guess, if you have passion and love for them, even hard work would be reward at the end of the day. 



Chilling out in the sun😊

Scratching back 😄

There were families with kids, and dogs. Dogs are allowed too, as long as they are on leash. Lovely walks inside the trust. It also had a orchard. Beautiful apples and flowers, cafe is also open now. We had a cup of tea outside seating area. It was lovely sun on my face, and warm, yet crisp autumn air on my skin. It was beautiful day. I defo recommend here, Suffolk Punch for family day out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment