Sunday, November 14, 2021

Suffolk Walk: Mid week swim in Walberswick

 

9/11/21

My friend Yvonne asked me if I wanted to pop into the sea for a quick swim, so me, my partner met up with Yvonne in Walberswick on tuesday morning at 9am. It was beautiful morning, and mild, it almost gave me an illusion the sea temperature was mild too ๐Ÿ˜†.  Just in case I had my wetsuit on, so I felt nice and cozy in there. 

Water was chilly, I could feel on my feet and hands. I really wished I had wetsuit socks on, which I ordered on late afternoon that day.... I kept put my feet up and floating in the sea so that I didn't have to put my feet in and felt cold feet. Instead i put my face and head into the water, and felt really good. 

I think Yvonne felt enough, we came out of the water and had a flask of coffee. It was lovely. We chatted on the beach for a bit until we parted in the carpark. She had some work to do.....Hopefully we can go down to the beach again next week it depends on my hospital appointments, I do love to squeeze mid week swim in. 

Soon, "Southwold christmas day dip" registration will be open, we are going to resistor this year. I have now socks and gloves, so, I am ready. I am not going to my full wetsuit, but maybe in my summer one....๐Ÿ˜…

I just wanted to do different things from I usually do. Or things I've never done it before. This cold swim, I wouldn't even done that last year. something happened inside me. Not sure what, it doesn't matter, that's not important. What's important is; coming out from my comfort zone and try things I've never done. A little by little, I don't have to do everything in the same time.  



After the swim, me and Marcus ( my partener) were sitting in the car, then we ( more like him, heard it. I am a bit def, so I don't hear very well๐Ÿ˜…) Saw hundreds of geese flew over our head. Wow! magic, another Suffolk magic moment. Seems like loads of geese in RSPB Minsmere, I wonder they are waiting to fly south. ๐Ÿง 



By the time I took my camera out, it was too late. They were flew to the other side and landed.....☝️


Then we drove to wood nearby, ( near A12), called "Tiker's Walks". Lovely little wood, even had a hide! Photos below! ๐Ÿ‘‡











We didn't walk to the end, I would imagine this footpath comes out next to the pub on A12, or around somewhere there. We took a different footpath back to the carpark. I defo recommend this walk after visiting Walberswick. Oh, also, there's another footpath across the road from there to explore. I have maps to cover Suffolk coast and broads, I've never use them. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Maybe one day, I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment