Monday, June 15, 2015

Bluebells Walk---Chalkney Wood



9/May/2015

 I really didn't want to miss bluebells this year. I was really busy at work, not able to have days off on good sunny weekends, I was feeling a bit pissed off...Every weekend I had days off work were typically, raining.

So, that weekend I had my offs, really wanted to see pretty bluebells. Marcus knew I was beginning to get grumpy. It was lovely surprise he found somewhere to go and spend time with bluebells. By then, the most of bluebells were opened in lots of woods.

I felt very lucky to walk through pretty bluebell woods.

Good bluebells this year!

Here are some photos from Chalkney wood.










"The whole wood is 73 hectares of which 25ha are owned and managed by Essex County Council. The remaining 48ha are owned and maintained by the Forestry Commission.
The wood has probably been in existence since the last Ice Age. Having developed over 10,000 years it is rich in both history and wildlife. Within the wood there are the remnants of a medieval woodbank and a Roman trackway."

Chalkney Wood near Earls Colne in north Essex 

No comments:

Post a Comment