Sunday, June 14, 2015

Long Weekend---St Guilhem le Desert






15/March/2015

It was raining again.... We decided to walk to Puechabon. Yesterday, we visited here (it wasn't raining either..),  saw this cute church and the sign. This made us want to walk see where this footpath lead to. 

We worked out (finally!!!) yellow means circular walks, so we believed that we could come back here. however, not sure how long it would take us to do the whole walks...

So, "see how it goes", as usual. Started walking....in rain....


I was kitted out with the waterproof jacket and trousers, my Salomom XA pro were waterproof, so I was dry inside... Poor Marcus, he didn't have waterproofs (he had a jacket, which wasn't waterproofed anymore, needed proofing!), so as you can imagine, he got really wet by the end of our walks....


Footpath to Puechabon was really wet that day. I am sure when it's sunny day, it would be much more pleasant walks. Still, we ( at least, me!) really enjoyed our little walks there.


 Really wet footpath, but we carried on....
Then come out to a road, olive grows and saw a little blossom tree. I am sure when it's season, this tree have full of fruits. Not sure what they would be though....




 Found a rustic old car dumped in someone's land and covered with some plants! Cool finds.




Then we arrived Medieval village. It was cute village with a big church in the middle, beautiful France, It has such a plenty of history and details even in the middle of nowhere!


We carried walking till we got to Puechabon. We walked round the town. Still raining. I wanted to eat a pastry or something, but non of shops were open. Of course, it was Sunday, it was quiet....


We followed this footpath back to where we started, which was down the road from Pont du Diable, we felt like we were a bit lost some point, because this footpath lead us through to kids playground.... and through residential area.... Then I saw this long worm.... To be honest, I'd never seen such a long worm in my life. I put my foot next to it, lot longer than my little foot... (I'm size UK3 by the way...) I was so impressed!

Anyway, we managed to find the footpath we came down from the church earlier. So carried on. We did think about to do the whole circular walks, as usual, by the time we got there it was getting late and we didn't have any food, also, it was raining, so we didn't do the whole walks. it would taken us another 5-6 hours to complete at least!  

From the church to there wasn't too bad only took us a few hours, and few hours back. It was lovely footpath, would like to finish some point.

On our way back, we saw a magic wonderland tree. It was soo cooool,  why did I miss seeing the tree earlier??? 

I saw "tree dragon's opening its mouth" (sounds like a name of kungfu move...)!



Tree Dragon!

When we go back to our car, put heating on, and drive back to our little apartment for a cup of tea... and snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment