Sunday, June 14, 2015

Long Weekend---Cirque de Navacelles circular walks

Hello Tigger-Pooh!


Found a Dolmen! 


17/March/2015

Marcus was taking me to Cirque de Navacelles that day. I'd never been there and even heard of. When he told me it sounded really awesome, "all naturally water curved geography", I wanted to see that...

When Marcus was planning to how to get there, he saw some signs for dolmens on the map.  we were so excited, We (well, he more like...)  managed find one. This dolmens were awesome, felt like ancient people were still around, curiously watching us from the trees... It was situated in one of the top of mountain, not sure which on though, really quiet. I loved it! I went inside and walked around, imagining how ancient people built this dolmen and why they built it there. It must've been very significant place there for them to do that. then got us thinking, lay lines.....?



                                                  



Later in our holiday, we visited another dolmens, but it wasn't as magic as this one, somehow, energy been lost....

Anyway, after this visit, we carried on driving. Then we finally arrived on the top to see the Cirque de Navecelles!



W:O:W!!! It looked amazing. Time scale of how long ago and how long water to curved mountains like this just blew me away. I could not comprehend how massive it was.... took me a while to take all in. 


I felt even smaller!!!



After pottering there for a while, we drove down to downstairs, Marcus told me there was beautiful water falls and river, I could not wait...

Coming down from up to downstairs was also something else, every corner I looked up and upstairs was smaller and smaller, it was very quick too, to came down. then realised how high where we were up. We had our quick snack at the car park then started exploring the area. 

I put my feet in water in the river, water was still really chilly but it was lovely. I love putting my feet in water like, river, sea, rain puddles all are my favo water to put my feet in. look very inviting, splashing water in rain paddles are fun, no wonder kids like them!

According to the walking map I had, walks was 10km (not bad for quick walk), takes 3.5hrs. It took us about 4.5 hours including pottering time. This was yet another beautiful footpath. getting through woods, open land and waterfalls.... lots of flavour. We started the path from next to the church, just followed the yellow footpath. Clear and easy signs.




Baby waterfall




Found a fossil! It looked like a half sea shell. and I was excited. Then my imagination took "millions of millions of years ago, it was all under the sea..." Amazing that how the earth moved and water disappeared. I love walking! I always find something amazing...!




 Looked like an old curved stone with curved writing on it. It might've been a part of someone's house?


Carried on walking, when I saw this sign, I knew we were at the turning point for the yellow footpath we were doing.





WOW!!! Water coming out from rocks! This was the place Marcus wanted to show me for years, since we knew each other. Bless him, sometimes he repeats his stories a bit and I heard of this particular one many times, it was the day I actually could see the magic water falls.

And it was awesome.

It was the source of this river. So much water coming out, I wondered where all this water came from? Has it ever run our? Nature is magic.

After pottering good an hour or so, we walked back on the circular walks to the village.





Then the sun came out.


Saw the sign to the waterfalls.






Then we were back to the village...

No comments:

Post a Comment