Monday, June 15, 2015

Norfolk Walks---Knettishall Heath

Our first time visit to the Heath


24/May/2015

Knettishall Heath...

We never visited there before, saw the sign and drove near by... So it was time for us to pay a visit. It's just out side Bury St Edmunds, we don't do enough walks around Bury. We almost not to go for walks either. Why? Because it was raining.

Well, if we use "raining" as an excuse for not to go for walks, i feel NEVER able to go out sometimes. Why? Because English weather is very changeable AND always seem to rain (and cloudy). I said this many times before, that is one of reasons why English people wear vest top, shorts and sandals even in cold weather as soon as the sun comes out. otherwise miss the opportunity don't you.

Anyway, for me, as long as I'm kitted out with waterproofs etc, I don't mind walking in rain (as you can see previous blog, We walked in heavy rain in France...)

I might refuse walks using excuse like; "I'm tired". When I use this excuse, I'm usually already grumpy with something or hungry. And chances are, once I have my food and drink, I will be fine for walks...

Anyway, Knettishall Heath was lovely. Well managed and maintained by Suffolk Wild Trust. Beautiful footpath and friendly walkers, and lovely trees... We loved it. I would like to go there again for picnic. There were some picnic benches. There are two car parks. One with small charge, one is free (with time limit). Very peaceful. Ideal for family too.  








Lovely coconutty smell


Knettishall Heath: "The open landscape of Knettishall Heath was created about four thousand years ago when our bronze age ancestors cleared the forest for cultivation and grazing livestock. Since then the land has been used for sheep and rabbit grazing."

Knettishall, Diss, Norfolk
  • Tel:  01953 688265

No comments:

Post a Comment